PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding New/Used YFZ450 Motor

Les Davis
03-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Anyone know where I can get a new or used YFZ450 motor. Mine was destroyed last week and I'm not having much luck finding one currently. I've tried a few salvage yards so far but nothing.
I did however find a company in Kentucky that has brand new YZ450 and WR450 motors ready to ship. Will these motors mount directly to the YFZ frame without modifications. Any help would be appreciated or if you could point me in the right direction.

HELP!!!

04-01-2005, 05:13 AM
the yz450 motor should bolt right in the motor should be just like a normal yfz450 motor with the cam mod already done to it.

Les Davis
04-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Thanks allot for the information raptor0443. I appreciate it.

TT 400ex
04-01-2005, 07:13 AM
les davis you got a pm

wyndzer
04-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Keep in mind that the YZ motor is a 4 speed and no electric start.

Les Davis
04-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the heads up wyndzer. I think I'm going to East Coast ATV this week and have them rebuild it from scratch. They sounded like good people to deal with.

kawasaki_ridah
04-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Les Davis
Anyone know where I can get a new or used YFZ450 motor. Mine was destroyed last week and I'm not having much luck finding one currently. I've tried a few salvage yards so far but nothing.
I did however find a company in Kentucky that has brand new YZ450 and WR450 motors ready to ship. Will these motors mount directly to the YFZ frame without modifications. Any help would be appreciated or if you could point me in the right direction.

HELP!!!

did it blow?and how? and the yz 426 motor is a 5 speed and it should bolt right up it might be a better choice than the yz 450

Les Davis
04-04-2005, 12:47 PM
I broke a rod and then things went haywire from there. The cases were broken, transmission shot etc... There wasnt to much left that wasnt damaged. They believe there was a bearing failure on the rod. I think I'm going to stay with the YFZ450 engine. East Coast is going to be doing the work. I drop it off tomorrow to them.

kawasaki_ridah
04-04-2005, 08:47 PM
how did u do that? cause im getting one soon and i was just wondering if you would suggest getting a yfz or trx

Les Davis
04-04-2005, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kawasaki_ridah
how did u do that? cause im getting one soon and i was just wondering if you would suggest getting a yfz or trx [/QUOTe

I bought the bike used and I had maybe 8-10 hours on it? The seller assured me there was routine maintanence and no engine work done. The tech at Yamaha couldnt pin point a reason why there was a failure but they thought that the rod bearing locked up since the bearings were just shavings once the engine was disassembled .

Up until that point, it was the best bike I had ever ridden. I dont know that I would buy another one at this point. This was the first time riding anything other than Honda. I'm not going to bash the bike cuz it's a Yami but I've never had this kind of problem with a Honda in my 20 years of riding. I'm just a weekend warrior out there riding so I like a bike that is a little more reliable and alott less headache to maintain.

BRETZ56
04-13-2005, 07:47 PM
there is one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4542061737&category=43977