PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild Time

spliffy
05-12-2002, 12:02 PM
My 250x Just Seems Doggy, I Have Done The Whole Jetting Thing & All That & Finally Yesterday I Just Decided To Rebuild The Dam Thing It Might Just Be That Time. So After Taking Off The Head I See That On Top Of My Piston There Is Gas Just Sitting On It.. Like A Couple Eyedroppers Full Of Gas , The Wheeler Seemed Doggy Like It Was Getting To Much Gas But The Plug Has Been Borderline White Brown , Showing Me That It Isnt Rich... Why Would There Be Gas Sitting On Top Of The Piston Like That? Also When I Took The Carb Out Of The Intake Boot There Was Quite A Bit Of Gas Just Sitting There Too. I Am Rebuilding It & Putting In A .080 Wiseco Piston & A Web .310 Grind Cam , My Only Concern Is That After Putting This Time & Money Into It..... Could It Be Something Else? If It Could Be the Valves I Am Hoping The Cam Will Take That Part Away & That Wont Be The Problem (Maybe The Cam Lobes Are Worn Out & Not Lifting Enough).... Just Kind Of Looking For Any Other Things I Should Check.... I Rebuilt The Carb & Cleaned That A While Ago So I Am Sure It Isn't That. Thanks In Advance.

TRX_Thumper
05-12-2002, 03:53 PM
Sounds like the float in your carb isnt adjusted correctly.

spliffy
05-15-2002, 10:07 AM
Float Seemed To Be Fine When I Looked At It It Doesnt Leak & Isnt Bent Goofy Or Anything...... I Don't Know Of A Way To Actually Adjust It. Any Other Ideas?

TRX_Thumper
05-15-2002, 02:19 PM
Thats all it can be...the float...check the heigth.

spliffy
05-15-2002, 03:04 PM
well.... im not sure how to check the actual height... should i just order a new float & be done with it? also when i put the float in, there was a tab that looked like it went in between the needle seat valve dealy , is it supposed to go in there or is it supposed to sit above or below it? it looked like that was where it had to go.... thanks for the replies thumper :)