PDA

View Full Version : Silverlake Opening Weekend who's heading out for sure?

450rguySLSD
03-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm just curious who is going to Silverlake For sure on Friday Saturday or Sunday and what are they taking/riding for opening weekend?, I'm going to be there all weekend with my 450r (red) and a little group of people another 450r (black) and a 660r (black) its gonna be a blast rain or shine. (hopefully its not raining tho)

Weather dosn't matter, Its Dunes season and I'm ready to go!

400exnac
03-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Ill be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Ill be on a yellow 400ex. There will be a red 450, yellow yzf450, red 400ex, another yellow 400ex, white 250r, and DRZ400 bike. Along with some trucks.

The weather will be fine. Weather people are the only people that can be wron gall the time and NOT loose their job.

450rguySLSD
03-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Thats good atleast there is going to be some other people there for sure, actually the hotel i am staying at said that they were filling up really fast for this weekend.where are you guys staying? we will be drivin a white jeep grandcherokee with an encosed trailer behind it, try to find us in the parking lot

400exnac
03-30-2005, 09:03 PM
she lives about 5 miles away. ill be in a red ford crew cab with a snowmobile trailer and a yellow 400ex in the back. big red honda sticker on the rear window.

450rguySLSD
03-30-2005, 09:05 PM
here is a pic of my 450r you can look for that if you want to meet up

Grandpa3wheeler
03-31-2005, 09:44 AM
I'll be there for sure. I love opening day, no crowds and sometimes no rangers :) You guessed it, I'll be the old guy on the Honda ATC200. I like the old bike, it's just like me . . . takes a licking and keeps on ticking . . .

briantrx
03-31-2005, 10:50 AM
I'll be there friday, red dodge ram with open trailer.
quads---red 450r, predator, and a few 400ex's. we will be there rain or shine. hopefully shine. see you guys there.

later
brian

400exnac
03-31-2005, 02:48 PM
here is a pic of my 450r you can look for that if you want to meet up

Ill look for you. I know around 5 pm on Friday I have to meet some other guys at Appletree. See you up there.

Jackie
03-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Too cold this year. Be prepared for some frozen sand, which makes for a very rough ride. Temperatures are not going to be much over 40°. There will be ice on the north side of the hills. Spring came late this year. I was going to go but I don’t feel like beating myself up yet. Good luck and write about it afterwards, I would be interested on how close my predictions are.
Play safe
Ride safe
:cool:

flyingbyfast400
03-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Im going to be at the dunes on the 6th,7th, and 8th. If anyones going around that time if you see a 02 ext. 4-wheel drive chevy with a taco cover, and a open trailer with a C-dale ( roostin dales old one) and two Red 400ex's stop by and drop aline... Theres going to be a pretty good number of us there from the sounds of it.. :devil:
Vic

witti
04-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Ill be there on sunday. My Z(in sig), a black and white raptor (Yoshi pipe stage 1 hotcam), a blue/white yfz450 (pulsecharger pipe), a white/red yfz450 (white bros E2 pipe), maybe a purple and yellow banshee.

400exnac
04-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Jackie, you were off by a little. Well, alot. There was NO snow and NO frozen sand. The weather was great. You missed out!

flyingbyfast400
04-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Good to hear about the good riding, and no forzen sand.. lets hope the wreather holds out for the rest of the week... But even if it dosent ill ride rain or shine... :D That and i just got my motor back in my bike last night and got to start my new 440 built motor up, and man does it sound good.. besides a lil top end noise which is getting fixed tonight as we speak:macho
Ride hard, and dont eat to much sand eveyone :muscle:

Vic

DuneAholic310R
04-03-2005, 01:07 PM
very wrong jackie.. it was good dunes were peaked but other than that the weather was fine a lil windy and chilly in the wind but no snow! and no frozen sand! suprised it was pretty fine for this time of year

flyingbyfast400
04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
This is for the lucky ones that have already made it out to sliver lake.. Are the checking much for noise? or just seeing if you have a spark arestor (sp?) and letting you hit the dunes... For the time I've been to sliver lake they jsut checked for them and never checked sound db's. Ive made it in everytime but I've been stoped and questioned once. The only reason I'm asking about this is to see if they are cracking down on this. If they are I may have to take my stock pipe along just in case.:ermm: thanks for any info guys.
Victor

DuneAholic310R
04-03-2005, 08:45 PM
I never saw one person get tested... they check everyone for a sparky but dont be stupid w/ the sound like revin in the lot or line goin up to the booth

Jackie
04-04-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by 400exnac
Jackie, you were off by a little. Well, alot. There was NO snow and NO frozen sand. The weather was great. You missed out!
Thanks for letting me know how it was. Tell me are the puddles big? my son likes to hydroplane on them, and now that I have paddle tires I will give it a shot. I am glad the weather turned out to be good. I will be there the weekend of the 16th.
play safe
ride safe

400exnac
04-04-2005, 08:27 AM
There is the usual puddle that is west of the diredtional hills, and a few in other places. No one was checking for sound and they really didnt check for a sparky other than looking at your quad.
Nick

briantrx
04-04-2005, 10:54 AM
The only snow i saw was about 6 inches under the sand in some spots. but it did not interfere with the riding. i saw a few 2 strokes that they did not let in, but i did not see what they checked them for. probably just not having a screen in their pipes. the puddles were smaller than at the end of the year last year, but still plenty of area to water cross. we did a little but it was still a little cold. and alot of the water had a smelly green funk on it.
any one going this weekend?

DuneAholic310R
04-04-2005, 10:58 AM
they checked me everytime I went in even checked my buddies in the back of the big orange chevy w/ the rod

Jackie
04-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by briantrx
The only snow i saw was about 6 inches under the sand in some spots. but it did not interfere with the riding. i saw a few 2 strokes that they did not let in, but i did not see what they checked them for. probably just not having a screen in their pipes. the puddles were smaller than at the end of the year last year, but still plenty of area to water cross. we did a little but it was still a little cold. and alot of the water had a smelly green funk on it.
any one going this weekend?

Thanks for the information. It seems to be that they check for sound from Memorial day and every weekend untill Labor day. This has been my experience. Unless we get some outstanding weather before then and droves of people show up, then the rangers seem to need something to do while they are there.

I can't wait to go to the dunes. I am going to have to get the 90 out and play in the mud this evening just for a quad fix.
play safe
ride safe

DuneAholic310R
04-04-2005, 02:28 PM
90 :eek2:

Jackie
04-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by DuneAholic310R
90 :eek2:

I have some trails in my 20acre woods the 300 and 400's are to fast for all of the trees and the 250 has paddles on it at the moment. so the 90ex is a blast for playing in the woods. You would be suprised what that little thing can do...
:D

DuneAholic310R
04-04-2005, 08:41 PM
hmmm I just wanna go ride...

A4StrokeGuy
04-05-2005, 07:32 PM
We're heading North tomorow AM, should be good riding, warm, chance of rain and the winds been blowing!:devious: 2 Ex's my dale, and a DS650 watch out

flyingbyfast400
04-09-2005, 09:42 AM
a4strokeguy and i along with sum onther buddies just made it back from sliver lake. the riding was pretty good, and we where about the only ones there 2 out of the 3 days of riding. Weds, and thrusday the peaks of the dunes had sum nice lil lips so you could grab some air, and everything was pretty smooth. Firday was a lil ruff due to alot more people being there. But a blast was had by all.. I have sum pics Ill post when i get the chance..
Vic