PDA

View Full Version : works

hardkoratvmxr
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
My shocks are way too soft and i want to know hwo to adjust them. I have works plus 2 with no rezzies just preload adjustment. I really need to know how to adjust them cuz i bottom out on everything. they dont need ot be revalved cuz i jsut got them. do i have to take them apart or something to get to the preload adjustment ring or something? picture aids or something of that nature would be awesome but anything will help

punker69q
03-30-2005, 07:31 PM
the preload should be only used to adjust the ride height, not to add bottoming resistance, which should be controlled by the differents spring rates and the valving.

If your shocks bottoms out on g-out (the face of a jump, for example) the springs are probably too soft, and if you bottom out on fast impacts, the valving is probably not firm enough (ok, those are only guidelines, but they can help finding a problem)

If you just got your shocks brand new and if your ride height is adjusted correctly and they still bottom, send them back for a revalve or re-spring!

hardkoratvmxr
03-30-2005, 09:41 PM
so they arent like stock suspension with the preload dial with a stiffness and softness setting?

punker69q
03-31-2005, 05:22 AM
yes, they are like stock suspension, you can adjust bottoming resistance with the preload, but this is not the best way. The preload should only be used to adjust the chassis height.

You should read this document (http://www.customaxisshocks.com/Custom%20Axis.pdf)
, which contain alot of informations about shocks.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-31-2005, 08:13 AM
If you just got them and they are bottoming that bad sent them back to works and have them redone you have 30 days to do so at no charge.

2000400EX
03-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah, definately send those puppies back!

hardkoratvmxr
03-31-2005, 06:55 PM
they are new to me not new totally

so my best bet is to send them to c&d or some other company and get them revalved?

how much od you think it will cost em to get works shocks revalved

hardkoratvmxr
03-31-2005, 06:56 PM
are there different colored springs available also?

i would like to get black and silver springs to match the rest of myu quad but i dont knwo if different colors are available

Out_Sider
03-31-2005, 11:07 PM
you can get different color springs if you wanna pay for them... springs arent exactly cheap either, but if it feels to soft then u prolly need stiffer springs anyway

hardkoratvmxr
04-01-2005, 11:24 AM
how much does it cos for a revalve and spring change

Cody_300ex
04-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
how much does it cos for a revalve and spring change

about 150 Bucks if not more. I would reccomend trying to put more preload into them. I hook one end of a tie down on the main spring and hook the other on the bottom of the jack and jack it up. Then it takes pressure off the preload ring and the preload clip. After it is jacked up some move the preload clip to your desired postion. :cool:

wheeltrax
04-01-2005, 06:32 PM
You can get your springs powdercoated.. its cheaper then buying new springs.