PDA

View Full Version : Pismo River Crossing

K2Snow
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm back in Santa Maria for Spring Break which means I'll finally be getting a couple rides in at Pismo. I heard on the news that the river was running really deep and only the big 4x4s were able to cross it. Anyone know where I can get any info on this? I'm thinking about just heading out during the low tide in the morning and leaving before it comes back in. Hopefully that'll be enough?

shellz4sand
03-30-2005, 08:52 PM
My friends just got back about 3 weeks ago and they said it was pretty rough getting through.Good luck!I heading there for 4th of July!Let me know?

norcalatver
03-30-2005, 08:59 PM
A friend of mine just got back last week and pulled his toy hauler through. He said it wasn't bad at low tide. When he got there though it was raining and the river was very deep!

Barney
03-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Cody, Go to Friend of oceano dunes.org There is somebody
sayed it was not bad at low tide on tuesday.

shellz4sand
03-30-2005, 10:34 PM
If you are pulling a trailer it might get fun,my friends messed up their toy hauler pulling it back through.They sent me the pic's it was crazy.If you have 4x4 you should be good.Were there's a will there a way right?

K2Snow
03-31-2005, 03:21 AM
Cool thanks for the info. Barney, found that post on Friends of Oceano. I have a 2wd, juat gonna go and leave during low tides and hope for the best. I'm crossing that creek no matter what, been too long since my last ride.

K2Snow
03-31-2005, 03:24 AM
Oh, and as for the 4th of July.... never again! I live about 15 minutes South of Pismo, rode up early in the morning (8am) and the line getting onto the beach was HUUUUGE. Ended up turning back and sitting on my *** the rest of the day. Wasn't even sunny that early in the morning, foggy foggy foggy.

shellz4sand
04-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
Oh, and as for the 4th of July.... never again! I live about 15 minutes South of Pismo, rode up early in the morning (8am) and the line getting onto the beach was HUUUUGE. Ended up turning back and sitting on my *** the rest of the day. Wasn't even sunny that early in the morning, foggy foggy foggy.

Thanks for the info.It would have sucked to drive 9 hours pulling my trailer by myself with my two boys for NOTHING! I try it on a off weekend.

drider
04-03-2005, 12:31 AM
K2snow. hey man i've been goin to pismo since i been 1yr old im 17 now. well as river crossing its not bad, Just check tide pool times, in you cant find the tide times, go to www.bjsatvrentals.com there website. give em a call. they will answer all your questions, ( i call them for weather conditions). you could make it over the river. easily with a 4x2, cousins made it over with his civic. basically. the lowest tide time is. 12 (noon) highest tide time 8pm (dinner time)tip, when crossing. drive closer to the water.(beach) be carefull, dont go super fast while crossing., or super slow.

Crowdog
04-09-2005, 09:44 AM
This was taken earlier this year:

http://www.duneguide.com/images/RiverCrossing-1.JPG :eek2:

K2Snow
04-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by drider
K2snow. hey man i've been goin to pismo since i been 1yr old im 17 now. well as river crossing its not bad, Just check tide pool times, in you cant find the tide times, go to www.bjsatvrentals.com there website. give em a call. they will answer all your questions, ( i call them for weather conditions). you could make it over the river. easily with a 4x2, cousins made it over with his civic. basically. the lowest tide time is. 12 (noon) highest tide time 8pm (dinner time)tip, when crossing. drive closer to the water.(beach) be carefull, dont go super fast while crossing., or super slow.

I've been going to Pismo for years now as well, I was just wondering what the river crossing was like for the particular weekend that I posted. I had heard it was really bad that weekend and saw some crazy footage on the news. Thanks though.

trailgoon
04-12-2005, 08:06 PM
That is a pretty cool photo. I feel sorry for that guy though. Do you know if that is saltwater that truck is in? just wondering because salt+water+metal= rust/corrosion.

ballisticpb
04-13-2005, 10:30 AM
its got to be salt water with the beach right there.. and all the foam on the water

drider
04-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Yea. just watch out for the high river during high tide. And specially when it rains hard. or after a hard rain.

Just wondering. if anyone is goin to pismo during April 22nd- 24th? I'll be there!