PDA

View Full Version : Need help quick!

Arctic Cat Dad
03-30-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm having carb problems. Michaels quad was running great today. He rode for a few hours no problems. So I washed it up and filled it up with gas to load it up for Steele Creek. Now it won't idel with out the idel screw all the way in.It has a 20mm Kiehin carb. I took the carb all apart and cleaned it out. It was spotless. Put it back together and it still won't idel. I'm lost.

Pappy
03-30-2005, 07:07 PM
longshot....but check the vent tube that runs from the gas tank. ive seen several quads stems fill with water and they wont run:ermm:

i sure hope you get it fixed...if not we will get it running at the race:D

Arctic Cat Dad
03-30-2005, 07:48 PM
I checked the vent tube it was ok. It will idel but it has to be screwed all the way in. If you pull the choke it quits running, should it .

Pappy
03-30-2005, 07:51 PM
i wish i knew more about the carb to help further:( i do know that the warmer weather had me not using the choke on our minis the last 2 days. they wouldnt even start cold with the choke which s a big surprise because our 4 strokes are cold natured sob's

fastmini will be at the gncc, maybe call hetricks tomarrow and see if he can some how get any needed parts sent down with him:confused: (im not sure if they are close or not)

Arctic Cat Dad
03-30-2005, 08:01 PM
It was 74 degrees here today. It was jetted with the jets Rick said to put in it. It was jetted great. It ran awesome today. I pulled the plug when I noticed the problem The plug was really black with lots of oil and it seems to be smoking more. But this was while it was just ideling. It was way to dark to do a plug check. I'm just gonna have to look into it after work . Thanks for the help Pappy. He WILL be at Steele Creek! My buddy and I will try to figure it out after work.

Pappy
03-30-2005, 08:04 PM
we are leaving tomarrow evening, you need a 50 for him for any reason....just say the word:)

Arctic Cat Dad
03-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks Pappy. But it has to be something simple. I'll do a plug check at work during lunch. I just can't see why it started all of a sudden. I just put a fresh mix of Klotz mixed at 32:1. And I'm very sure it was mixed right. Because I always double check everything when I work on his quad.

Arctic Cat Dad
03-31-2005, 07:32 PM
GOT IT! I had jetted for colder weather. It was around 30 to 40 degrees with very moist air. Then it got around high 70 to 78 and alot dryer. I went down 6 jet sizes and moved the clip down 1 notch and it's fine. Thanks to every1 who offered help. I know I have some great friends. I had one to offer a quad and 1 to offer a carb. Great people. See yall at Steele Creek!

hr15
03-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Good news and good luck!