PDA

View Full Version : predator width

FSCO4
03-30-2005, 06:39 PM
I am considering buying an 05 pred. Right now my main concern is the 47.5 width. I would prefer something around 46.
So my question is, how can the pred be modified? will 4+1 wheels do anything for it and if so how much? I dont want to buy a-arms, axle.......
Basically I want to set it up for xc.

Thanks

Braff1
03-31-2005, 05:56 AM
The front is 46" wide with 4:1 offset rims to start. The rear is 47.5" wide. 1) you can go to Rathracing.com and get the xc hubs that make the rear 46" . 2) as far as I know nobody makes a-arms to narrow the front. 3) you could get a durablue axle to narrow it up to 4) order rear rims with a deeper offset.

SwainRacing
03-31-2005, 11:17 AM
1.5" I dont think is going to make much differance. I run my Predator in GNCC and local hare scrambles and have not had a problem with the width.

Braff1
03-31-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by SwainRacing
1.5" I dont think is going to make much differance. I run my Predator in GNCC and local hare scrambles and have not had a problem with the width.

I have to agree with you about the not much trouble racing the predator in GNCC events. Maybe it is just a local thing but alot of our local series tracks are pretty tight compared to GNCC standards. With a narrower bike I have more confidence in hitting the tight spots faster without having to slow down.

Maybe it is just a personal preference but I like a 45" front and 46" rear (if the front can get through I can make the back end fit).

FSCO4
03-31-2005, 06:34 PM
thanks for the info.