PDA

View Full Version : HELP! is it my jetting? fuel screw? or am i just DUMB?

Leschj03
03-30-2005, 06:21 PM
hey, i have an 04 z400. It's got alba pipe on it, but we can't seem to get it runnin right. We've put a 165 main jet in it, it seemed the 160 main jet that came with the pipe kit wasn't working right. Is the 165 main too big? or too small? or should i just put the 160 back in and double check everything? i have my needle set at the second clip from the top, but it seems like it's cutting out really bad when i try to give it full throttle. Should i move my clip down on the needle? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, i almost forgot. After riding up and down the road to test out my air fuel screw adjustments, i now have a ticking noise coming from my motor. could it be an exhaust gasket or a leak? or is it something more serious and internal?????? Help would be greatly appreciated (more like seriously need) THANKS..........

04'400ex'er
03-30-2005, 06:29 PM
well you need to call alba and find out what they reccomend. try moving the clip down one notch to start with.

cals400ex
03-31-2005, 12:16 AM
i don't know anything about that bike but moved the needle clip in the stock position or down one from stock. definately don't move it up. also, pull the air box lid off and see if that helps.