PDA

View Full Version : trx250r bogging @ topend

djgrooven
03-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me here.
When I reach the top end of my 250r the bike will bog out of no where. It only does it when the throttle is wide open(it backfired 1 time when this happened). My main jet is ok according to my plug reading. I am running out of ideas on what it could be. Please if any ideas.

duke416ex
03-30-2005, 02:55 PM
How cna you be sure your main jet is ok if it is bogging on top end, you want to check it by shutting the bike off at wide open throttle, also have you checked to make sure the filter is clean and that enough air is going through the carb. Also check to be sure the needle is right and maybe try a different plug or check the gap on the one you have.

djgrooven
03-30-2005, 02:59 PM
I have Checked the plug by shutting the motor off wide open and also have a brand new UNI filter. But I am not sure on the plug gap though.

2muchquad
03-31-2005, 06:40 AM
maybe your topend needs a freshening up.a tired piston and rings will bog and pop on performance 2 strokes.

rodenberg35
03-31-2005, 06:25 PM
this is kinda odd but my 310R did this during a race on night. I was stumped for a wile it turned out to be the reeds were bad. just something to check