PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

CannondaleRider
03-30-2005, 10:54 AM
I am a desert racer, working on getting my FX400 back up and going again. In the not so distant future i'm going to get some new suspension ALL around

Houser +3 Longtravel A-Arms
Walsh +1 Swingarm
Elka Elite, Quad Rate, SSD Front Shocks
Elka Elite, Triple Rate, SSD Rear Shocks

This will be an awsome setup for the type of riding we do. BUT....I was wanting to start getting into freestyle sometime, And I was just wondering if that setup would be..... crappy for freestyle jumps or not.

I'm not sure what the best setup for freestyle would be, so I figure i'd ask.

400EXracer74
03-30-2005, 12:25 PM
i dont see anything wrong with that setup. i wanted to get plus 3s with longtravel in the front but i dont got the money for that and new rims cuz then i would need 4,1 off set fronts so it fit the legal racing limit. but yea i think that would work well for freestyle

CannondaleRider
03-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Cool, thanks

hondaracer305
03-30-2005, 09:43 PM
You may like having the quad wider because it is more stable in the air, but i think it gives too much stability, i like being able to fling the quad around and whip it easier while freestyling using stock width, thats my advise, good luck.

CannondaleRider
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
i'll be using 4+1 offset wheels in the front, so it won't be illegally wide. It will be right at 50. So wide, but not REALLY wide or anything.