PDA

View Full Version : How to install ProDesign kill switch

scrapen
03-30-2005, 10:33 AM
We installed one on my friends 450 just as the instructions say to do. No luck it wont kill the bike. What is the best way to install it and how? Thank you for the help!

dunebuggie66
03-30-2005, 11:23 AM
i wired mine into the coil last year, but i know there is an easier way to do it, so i would like this info too.. thanks.

scrapen
03-30-2005, 12:56 PM
but if you touch the throtle at all the bike will die? Please help

ny300exrider
03-30-2005, 01:10 PM
i wanted to keep my key so what i did was find the black wire with white line on it that comes from the black light switch box. take the short wire from the kill and splice it into the black/white wire. i used a plastic splice clip, you put both wires in the clip and close it, and a metal peice goes through both giving it a clean and easy splice. on the long wire from the kill switch i used a metal ground end, connected it to the end of the wire and put it under a bolt by the shocks so it grounds it out

dunebuggie66
03-31-2005, 08:32 AM
actually i hooked mine up to the coil again last night. i guess last year i didn;'t have a very good ground. anyway i hooked one of the wires into the main hot wire on the coil ( the one on the top right side of the coil, it has a simple connector on it) using a new connector with both wires in it. the other wire from the kill switch i mounted to the ground on the coil. (the wire that is held on by the coil mounting bolt) now it works awesome.

atvrider12764
03-31-2005, 09:58 AM
i hooked my pro design to the coil and it kills the bike at idle, but if its reving it bogs and once you left of the gas it dies. does anyone know whats wrong? and i dont think i hook it up wrong becuase i heard if you do hook it up wrong and touch the metal piece on the kill switch while the bike is running you get a shock.

scrapen
03-31-2005, 10:34 AM
u have to splice into the black wire with the white line coming out of the key switch I did it last night works perfect.

dunebuggie66
03-31-2005, 11:06 AM
not everyone still has a key switch. i don't so i had to run it to the coil. if you run it to the coil and it doesn't kill the bike at higher rpm's then you need to ground it better. mine did that last year and i had it grounded to the frame. i scraped some paint away from the frame where i had it connected and it worked fine. this time i grounded it directly to the ground wire/bolt on the coil and it works like it is suppose to. this kills the spark at any rpm.

scrapen
03-31-2005, 12:38 PM
I also dont have a key. The Black wire with white line is still there. It works great and better then just hooking it strait into the coil.