PDA

View Full Version : Steele Creek GNCC!!! (mud anyone???)

400exvet
03-30-2005, 06:33 AM
we're heading out from Northern Md. Friday morning to go to Morganton N.C., about 550 miles. Plan to get there in about 8 hours. Should be able to register and set up camp before dark. If all goes well we will head north to Budds Creek for the district 7 race on Sunday. I hurt just thinking about that:( . I know cletus and DrRags are planning the same. (Nick, I'll call you when we decide on a time to leave!) Should be a little muddy both places.....I'm gonna knock the dust off the rear 22" razr 2's, a couple rolls of duct tape and the elephant ear hand guard thingies. I think they may be needed. Later

300exHILLER
03-30-2005, 12:04 PM
More info on that Budds Creek race on sunday? I would like to run it on sunday on the way home.

BTW ~1100miles for me.:macho :macho :macho :macho :macho

cletusEX
03-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Dan and I are heading out around noon on Friday. I'm meeting him at work in Odenton so we can just jump on 95 and go. We are still planning on hitting Budds on Sunday. I think James is meeting us on Sunday but I am not sure. It is the VCHSS Blue Grey 100. They usually run the flat track and mx track along with the woods. I always have a blast at this race. I'll see you down there Doug.

dopeyferree
03-31-2005, 04:01 AM
I will be at the Budds Creek Race on Sunday. I wish I could make the Gncc on Sat, but things just are not going to work out to hit them both.

400exvet
03-31-2005, 05:47 AM
300exhiller, the Budds race info is at www.buddscreek.com. The quads usually start around 2:00. The race should be 1.5 hours but sometimes they shorten it to 1 hour. It is about 6 mile woods course........ fun and fast, a couple more miles if they include the dirt track and the whole MX course. There is only a couple bad mud spots and only one hillclimb that usually gets bottlenecked (depending which direction they run) . Maybe see you there. We pit to the left when you come through the gate about in the middle of the field. Tan GMC with enclosed black trailer.

300exHILLER
03-31-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm going to decide on the way back Saturday night. Are the gates open all night?

If I go I'll be in a big white Ford E350 van with RI plates.

Look for me in NC and we can talk about going to Budds.

400exvet
03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
looks like the first big rain storm just swung to the south of Morganton. Now if the rest of the storm will keep on its current track, it will also just miss to the south:D. Racing in the mud isn't that bad but setting up, loading, unloading, getting mud all over everything inside the trailer and truck etc...... that's what chapps my *****:D Not bad enough to stop racing though:macho .

300exhiller, I'm pretty sure the gates will be open all night.

dopeyferree
03-31-2005, 11:04 AM
400exvet, Were you with the group that parked all the way out to the left last year with a couple other 400exs. If so I remember you from this race last year. I was on a Warrior then.

cletusEX
03-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by dopeyferree
400exvet, Were you with the group that parked all the way out to the left last year with a couple other 400exs. If so I remember you from this race last year. I was on a Warrior then.

There is usually a pretty large group that always parks to the left. There used to be a lot of 400exs but most people have moved on. I'll be there in a black F-250 with a 26' white enclosed trailer with Criswell Powersports on the side. There should be a few 450Rs there and a white and blue yami.

dopeyferree
03-31-2005, 11:43 AM
This is what I rode last year
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/p198e555e317bdc140e0c18100515da38/f6a48b85.jpg

I will be on this on Sunday
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/pf20e284d8492549095cd788807d5ad59/f4a8ca81.jpg

400exvet
03-31-2005, 12:09 PM
could have been us but there were alot of groups of 400ex's there last year. Like cletus said, most of us have 450's now. I see you moved up also! My buddy still runs his yellow 400ex in the vet class. Our trailer has a big Honda XC racing graphic on one side and xc graphics and our names on the back doors. Maybe we'll see you there.
hey nick, your trailer waterproof? does it float?:D I picture this GNCC to be one of those that they have to bring in tractors and dozers to get everyone to their pits:( save a couple spots for us and we'll do the same if we get there first!

cletusEX
03-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exvet
could have been us but there were alot of groups of 400ex's there last year. Like cletus said, most of us have 450's now. I see you moved up also! My buddy still runs his yellow 400ex in the vet class. Our trailer has a big Honda XC racing graphic on one side and xc graphics and our names on the back doors. Maybe we'll see you there.
hey nick, your trailer waterproof? does it float?:D I picture this GNCC to be one of those that they have to bring in tractors and dozers to get everyone to their pits:( save a couple spots for us and we'll do the same if we get there first!

Yeah Ron might have to get that pretty truck all muddy.:p I hope it's not that bad but the way it's looking it could be an absolute mess.