PDA

View Full Version : YEA I can ride again!!!!

yellow400ex05
03-30-2005, 04:43 AM
I got my brand new 04 250ex last night!!!!!! It's awsome!!!

I thought I was going to get it in may or june!!! :macho :blah: :D :)

watts16
03-30-2005, 08:29 AM
congrats to your your new machine

Quiksilver01
03-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Congrats its about time!! have fun with it :D are you gonna keep it stock or modify it or what? ive had to modify mine every time i rolled :devil:

yellow400ex05
03-30-2005, 09:47 AM
I have to break my quad in first before I do any modding,but In the first couple of months I'm gonna save up on cash fo a pipe and a skid plate. I Might get the skid plate sometime in the next two weeks. But anyways my quad is gonna be stock for now.:macho

Quiksilver01
03-30-2005, 12:33 PM
be sure to take it easy breakin it in ive heard too many stories about people ruining their quads by reving them to high when breakin them in.

yellow400ex05
03-31-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm just curious, I always get a little nervous when I'm breaking stuff in and I always feel like I'm doing something wrong. This may sound a little odd but how fast are you supposed to go when your breaking a quad in, and I'm still on my first tank of gas and my gas seems like it hasn't gone down one bit and I already put 13 hours on it! Plus my dealer said I had to go through 2 tanks of gas before its broken in. Now this whole breaking-in thing is gonna take at least a week or two,I think. Tell me how you broke in your quad.

Quiksilver01
03-31-2005, 12:31 PM
ive never heard about the two tanks of gas? im pretty sure 20 hours is the initial maitenance i didnt completly rev mine out until after that... just dont rev to much :D

yellow400ex05
03-31-2005, 05:13 PM
I have to take my quad to the dealer because My tire may not be round. I know I don't have a flat but when I'm riding it feels like I have a flat. I mean how do u ever get a not round tire??? Did you ever have a pinging sound come from the engine? I'll have my quad back on saturday, I hope.:mad:

Quiksilver01
03-31-2005, 08:17 PM
as for the tire it might be the axle bearings or somthin like that...and they tell you in the owners manual that light pinging is normal but if its exsessive and loud thats not good.... that sucks man :(

yellow400ex05
04-01-2005, 07:13 AM
What would the pinging usually mean? And it seems to only ping when I'm idling and after the engines gotten a little cooler from sitting. And when it sit and I start it when the engine is cool enough to touch the exaust the pinging sounds like it gets worse. And it pings when I go slow and come to a stop to go into reverse. so I guess I should say it pings when its stoppped. Well my quads going to the dealer today for the tire thing and I'm afraid to have my quad gone for too long because I want to ride really bad. Would it be the best thing to tell my dad before he goes after work? And they should cover it bc I've had the same gas since I got it. In my manual it say to cange the brand of gas and then to see if it stops,which I hope what it is. The pinging goes away when i gently rev it and I think after an hour or two of riding the pinging goes away I'm not sure.:confused:

Quiksilver01
04-01-2005, 08:29 PM
ask the dealership about the pinging mine pings some times but not often its usually when i put it away hot hope everything works out:ermm:

yellow400ex05
04-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Everythings ok my quad was sitting for a year strapped down or sumthing so my tires went all weird and made the tire shaped differently. They say the pinging could be from the quad sitting for so long. Everything is fixed!:macho

bulkdriverlp
04-01-2005, 08:41 PM
there isnt any break-in period for honda's man, dont know why people think there is.just ride the damn thing, we could go back and fourth about break-in periods for hours:eek:

Quiksilver01
04-01-2005, 09:11 PM
yes we could but im right so we wont:D