PDA

View Full Version : tax deduction for hybrid

Butters
03-29-2005, 08:58 PM
looks like if you buy a hybrid car you can get it deducted from your taxes. http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Taxes/Cutyourtaxes/P71102.asp?Rating=10&PageID=71102#Rating

DeerNuts
03-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, you can get 2,000 deducted anyway. Hey , every little bit helps when it comes to tax time.

Unless your annual income is so small that you get all your taxes back anyway, like me.:ermm:

Scott-300ex
03-29-2005, 09:14 PM
i may sound stupid, but

WHAT THE HELL IS A HYBIRD?

JOEX
03-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
i may sound stupid, but

WHAT THE HELL IS A HYBIRD?
It's a vehicle that has two different sources of being powered, commonly electric and gas.

Butters
03-29-2005, 09:38 PM
haha thats kinda funny that you didn't know. i thought it was a common word. anyways yeah its what joe said.

YZ400EX
03-30-2005, 12:18 AM
It can only be used as a deduction 1 time though..My mother in law has one and used it as a deduction..The $$ you will save in gas alone is worth getting one..I mean they arent fast, but man..you can drive forever on a tank of gas..hers has a gauge that tells you how many miles per gallon you are getting during certain times and sometimes it would say like 250MPG, but that was mostly going down hill and I think the electric engine was working at the time..I dont know for sure though..only been in it 1 time..But it takes forever to run through a tank in it..

03-30-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
It can only be used as a deduction 1 time though..My mother in law has one and used it as a deduction..The $$ you will save in gas alone is worth getting one..I mean they arent fast, but man..you can drive forever on a tank of gas..hers has a gauge that tells you how many miles per gallon you are getting during certain times and sometimes it would say like 250MPG, but that was mostly going down hill and I think the electric engine was working at the time..I dont know for sure though..only been in it 1 time..But it takes forever to run through a tank in it..

whats the tops speed on these things?:confused:

YZ400EX
03-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Oh they go pretty fast and well over 100MPH, but it just is slow going getting there..Its not like they can burn the tires or anything especially if the electric motor is going..They are fast though..Just not quick I guess..

Butters
03-30-2005, 11:26 AM
yeah the cars seem like a good investment if you are getting one for good gas mileage.

honda350r
03-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Well in the near future if not already you will be taxed for driving Hybrid for road taxes! Our roads are maintained from the money we spend on gas! If you hybrid owners aren't buying enough gas to help pay for the roads you might get taxed!! Ain't life a ******...LOL

Butters
03-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Well in the near future if not already you will be taxed for driving Hybrid for road taxes! Our roads are maintained from the money we spend on gas! If you hybrid owners aren't buying enough gas to help pay for the roads you might get taxed!! Ain't life a ******...LOL

that will just depend on what state you live in.