PDA

View Full Version : yay got swingarm bolt out!

nosliw
03-29-2005, 06:04 PM
thank God!!!!!!!!

got my swingarm bolt out, came out very easy. surface rust on it, but it looks good. no bending. can i grease it with white lithium grease?

mx400
03-29-2005, 06:05 PM
must be nice. mine is seized up i'm afraid. just put some anti-seize on it and you should be fine. No idea on the grease.

ReconRider25
03-29-2005, 06:17 PM
i used white lithium grease on mine the first time, the second time i used marine grease. both worked well, but itll start to get stuck again in about 6 months if you ride hard in muddy areas.:(

nosliw
03-29-2005, 06:22 PM
alright i just got back from carquest with some antiseize. how does putting antiseize on the threads and white lithium grease on the rest sound?

reconrider- i'm planning on taking the thing out every 2 months from here on out. how does it stand up to that? i ride in really muddy/rainy/gritty conditions. PLUS i use a pressure washer (small one though, maybe 1300psi)

nosliw
03-29-2005, 07:02 PM
alright well i just lubed it up with white lithium grease. went in good, tightened up good.

hopefully people who don't know to will go out and lube them now while they still can.

that just made my day :cool:

03-29-2005, 07:12 PM
i never changed it out on my 400ex when I sold it so I have no idea what that kid is dealing with but I changed mine out on my 400ex about 4 months after I had had it and lubed it up real good with wite lithium grease..I prob. need to do it again b/c its been 8 more months now :eek2:

nosliw
03-29-2005, 07:14 PM
you mean 450r right man?

yea, i read the thread you made when i was sweating doing it last night. i was expecting the worst, but i only had to hit it about as hard as you have you hit the side of a tv to get it working again :blah: