PDA

View Full Version : disturbing

garett
03-29-2005, 04:53 PM
i was a the local riding spot the other day , and i seen a yzf race like 3 450r's and he beat them by bout 3 quad lengths!! every time they both had the same amount of stuff done pipe, jetting , i didnt race him i was hittin the jumps , but are they that much faster and if so , what can i do to be competitive besides the stuff listed i have done? i really dont care anyway , because there will always be someone faster and i love both the yzf and the 450r, i cant stand it when folks fight over whos is better , your lucky to own either 1 i think . or a quad period, alot of folks cant afford 1 at all , but back to helpin me win lol ..............13 tooth maybe? or where do they pull away at , lemme in on some good info , not the heck i blow them all away stuff ............ cause thats bs. unless you got 12 g in yo ride............... lemme hear some good tips and mods guys

cletusEX
03-29-2005, 05:00 PM
I am not into the whole straight line thing, but with that hotcam I would imagine you would be able to hang with a piped yfz.

Out_Sider
03-29-2005, 05:05 PM
i saw a vid with a piped, hrc kitted 450r race a piped, cam modded yfz, and the yfz had them off the line no doubt, but once the 450r started into the higher rpms it caught up and either the yfz got it by a millisecond or it was a dead even run.. either way i think you could have stayed with him if you would have run.. watch out tho.. some ppl say its stock w/ a pipe and they got the cam mod running :p

KEVIN132
03-29-2005, 05:15 PM
3 bikes is nothin what can they do on a track!!!!!!!!!!!!!
go 11.5 compession piston and cam!! look at yfzs compression

RandRRrider
03-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Do what Kevin said and then add a FCR carb and it should be competitive. The deciding factor will be who's the better rider.

garett
03-29-2005, 06:15 PM
how do i get this done? can i change compression with my stage 2 hotcam , or do i goto get a diff cam? how much to have dealer change compresion ,also how reliable is this mod ? i wanna be fast but not unreliable fast, and i know guys that its not racing in a track or scramble , but i like the ocasional drag race , cmon who dont , and when this happens id like to win;)anyway how much to piston n change compression ?

garett
03-29-2005, 06:57 PM
anyone?

RedRacer44
03-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Uhhh, not trying to bash you or anything but I'm guessing you are new to the whole quad thing? To up compression, you will need to go to a higher compression piston. I tried the 11.5:1 piston and didnt like it....I know have the JE 13:1 and it freakin' rips!

garett
03-30-2005, 03:56 PM
well i know ill need a new piston but i need to know who does this , dealers? and how much does it cost , and the bashing thing , im a big boy lmao

KEVIN132
03-30-2005, 03:59 PM
buy your honda manual and do it yourself. a shop will prob charge 200$ for labor . save some money by takin plastic and all you can and then give it to them. its not really hard long as you have the basic tools. tourqe wrench etc. it would be easier with ring compressor but i have done it many tim es myself without one.