PDA

View Full Version : Sand in MA

finallyridin
03-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Anyone know of any real sand dunes etc. in Ma? Maybe down towards the Cape? I ride alot over on Wrentham and also in Rehoboth and am looking for some new places. The trails are alright but would prefer a big area of sand.

dupjay21
03-29-2005, 07:17 PM
I've seen a spot on the Cape side of the Bourne bridge, never ridden over there, always see a lot of tracks in the sand.

finallyridin
03-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Where in Attleboro are yah? Got any places other than Wrentham to ride around here?

zipster316
03-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Theres a place in Plymouth we refer to as "the dome" that is the biggest pure sand pit around. It surrounds a dome shaped water tank. There is insane hill climbs and many jumps. Its right under the P-lines, not to far from the Cape Cod Canal. I usually drive my truck on a side trail off the P-lines and ride frome there. Its a real good time. Also, Cape cod sand and gravel pit right on the canal on the mainland side of the Canal has some nice sand, but you can only ride there on Sunday because it is a operational pit.

FTR250Rnif
03-31-2005, 11:51 AM
where exactly is this place?ive wantedto ride some dunes but i dont know where to lok. I have almost gone into the pit right after the bourne bridge but thats the only place ive seen.

oh and BTW ever ride at agregate or "Simeones' right behind the outlets?me and my buddies go all the time:)

zipster316
03-31-2005, 12:44 PM
"The dome" is in southern plymouth off a development called the Ponds of Plymouth. Its on the P- lines just out of sight from one of the development roads. Its a popular place to ride, just be prepared because EP show once in a while. If your registered they usually let you off with a warning. It is a nasty pit with big sandy climbs

http://www.terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=19&X=1841&Y=23150&W=1[/URL]

finallyridin
03-31-2005, 01:52 PM
I go to aggregate quite a bit. I either am in a white dodge quad cab with a landscape company logo on the side or a maroon tahoe with a landscape trailer. See ya down there. I got a 400ex and my neighbor will be on a yfz450.

dupjay21
03-31-2005, 07:16 PM
I live down in south attleboro. My buddies and me ride at agregate every once and a while, not a bad place to ride and no one bothers you. i mostly ride in N. Smithfield. My old man just bought a house out there, all trails no pits or anything or none that i have found yet. Some of the trails are better on a 4wheel drive 4wheeler but we make do on our sport quads

finallyridin
03-31-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm in South Attleboro myself. Yah Aggregate isn't bad but can get kind of boring week after week.

kilabeez0
04-03-2005, 09:12 PM
i pmed for directions to the "dome" if anybody else has some good dunes let me know! i live north of boston in lowell.