PDA

View Full Version : Cost for Nitrogen fill????

MarylandATVcom
03-29-2005, 11:53 AM
The dealership that I took my Elka to, to change the spring for me let more then half of the nitrogen out! :mad: I have about 50psi and I should 150psi. And of course they said they didnt! Well getting mad aint going to do any good So I just need it filled But it seems No One in my area has nitrogen or if they do dont wanna mess with finding an addapter to fill my shock!
:cuss:
Breath In,,,, Breath Out,,,,,,,,,,-LOL..

I called a Dirt Shop up near B-more (Now I may have to drive an hour!) And they want like 25 bucks to add a little nitrogen? Is it just me or does that sound steep? It seems the Gas cost about 50cents? :confused: One of those dayz!! ~coop

03-29-2005, 02:54 PM
did you check the pressure before you took the shock to service? if not, then you could probably be at fault..

now.. take it to a paintball supply store.. they use nitrogen, and have gotten shocks recharged there.. In particular, outdoor sportsman in essex on eastern ave. Jack has recharged a few shocks of mine with absolutly no issues.. and usually runs me about 2 bux a shock give or take.. Just tell hi mhow much to put in, and he will do it..

Jesse

cdalejef
03-30-2005, 06:46 AM
Send it to me and I'll do it for free plus return shipping.

sharkinthepool
03-30-2005, 07:21 AM
I am sure Jeff can take care of you, but my .02 cents. I got my peps done in Newark, Ohio at a little welding shop off of 16 for 15.00 bucks. Filled both the rezzies to 150psi.

duke416ex
03-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Hey Jeff, how close are you to Bowling Green, I have got some works that I think need refilling. They still have good pressure, but are a few yeard old. What would you charge?

MarylandATVcom
03-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks Jeff ,,
A friend of mine took care of me and it didnt cost anything.
~coop

cdalejef
03-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Hey Jeff, how close are you to Bowling Green, I have got some works that I think need refilling. They still have good pressure, but are a few yeard old. What would you charge? I am 1 hour 45 minutes from BG. If they are that old then they will need an oil change too.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-31-2005, 08:24 AM
Just wanted to remind you guys to never try measuring the nitrogen pressure in your shocks. The volume is so small that testing it without a no loose system will depleat the charge every time you test it.:)