PDA

View Full Version : new frontend pics...

Leo
05-11-2002, 08:12 PM
Thought I'd post a pic of my front-end now that I've had a chance to ride on it a bit..

Shocks are a bit stiffer on the little stuff than I thought they would be, but they do an amazing job of soaking up the big stuff.. I still need to play around with them a bit.. Wanted to spend some time getting used to them before I go changing to much around... :D

Leo

mysticfalcon
05-11-2002, 08:44 PM
Nice stuff Leo, but i think it'd look better on mine :)

Tommy 17
05-11-2002, 08:49 PM
makes me want elkas so bad!!!!

brink400
05-11-2002, 08:55 PM
Those are some of the nicest looking a-arms around. The quad doesnt look to bad either. :cool:

DEAL
05-11-2002, 10:11 PM
I think it would look nice with cut plastic.

Sparkles
05-11-2002, 10:13 PM
looks good, i like the a arms

DEAL
05-11-2002, 10:25 PM
Maybe you should pick up a set of those sparkles.

Leo
05-12-2002, 06:48 AM
I'm really happy with the A-arms.. They are only +1 (do to much trail riding for anything else)..

Between the slightly wider arms and the lowered ride height from the shocks, the quad feels really 'planted' now..

I've never really been into the 'cut fender' look.. I like to keep what little protection the fenders give on those 'sloppy' trails :D

Leo

Giz400ex
05-12-2002, 08:40 AM
How much were the a-arms Leo???

Dave400ex
05-12-2002, 08:41 AM
It looks Awesome Leo. Do the +1 A-Arms make it hard to fit on some Trails? I know most of the GNCC Racers get +1 A-Arms but then get the Offset Rims to set it back at Stock Width. Which Rear Shock did you get? Are your Fronts Comp. Adjust? Man that looks Awesome. I wish I had the Money to do that.

Foxrage
05-12-2002, 08:43 AM
Lookin good!!! Do you have any pics without the shock covers???

Leo
05-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
It looks Awesome Leo. Do the +1 A-Arms make it hard to fit on some Trails? I know most of the GNCC Racers get +1 A-Arms but then get the Offset Rims to set it back at Stock Width. Which Rear Shock did you get? Are your Fronts Comp. Adjust? Man that looks Awesome. I wish I had the Money to do that.

Didn't seem to have to much trouble yesterday on the trails..

The fronts are compression adjustable only , the rear is fully adjustable..

If I had one gripe it would be that they come setup with the compression adjusters set at full soft.. This gives you lot's of adjustment to crank up the compression damping, but no way to turn it down a bit.. I would have liked it a bit better if they were setup for my weight with the compression adjustment in the middle so I could fine tune it either way (if needed) although they feel good right now..

Leo

Dave400ex
05-12-2002, 11:24 AM
Thanks Leo. I have One more Question, do you have any Pictures of that AirBox? Plus didn`t you say you were going to get the CFM SubFrame?

MR. HONDA EX'S
05-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Leo, Who soon are you going to have the CFM Airbox for sale in the store. I would realy like to get one soon. Looks to good to ride.:devil

Leo
05-12-2002, 12:35 PM
soon as I get the bike cleaned up I'll snap some pics of the airbox.. I really like it..

I can order you the airbox right now if your interested in one, I had 2 in but have sold them already.. just shoot me a PM..

I've been waiting to hear back from them on the subframe, no word yet..?

Leo

Dave400ex
05-12-2002, 12:39 PM
I asked about the SubFrame and the Guy told me there were now Selling for $399.

NJ300ex
05-12-2002, 01:03 PM
who is cfm and can you get a lid with this airbox?

rowlrag
05-12-2002, 01:52 PM
Leo looks good, you might want to try backing off the preload rings a bit to lower the front end, can't see where there at now with the covers on but by looking at the angle of the arms it's setting to high, making the Elkas feel harsh on small stuff. Try it only takes a few minutes, and set the rear so the frame is parallel to the ground without rider. Please let me Know I've had the Elkas for a while and this is how I run the ride height, as well as Jeff from the Quadshop.:huh :macho

Leo
05-12-2002, 02:43 PM
I was going to try backing them off a bit yesterday but I forgot the allen wrench (doh!) and nobody had one with them.. The collars are screwed down about 1 1/2 inches right now (roughly)..

So I don't make the wrong impression, it's not that they are super harsh, just more so than I expected.. Overall I'm very pleased :D

Leo

rowlrag
05-12-2002, 02:58 PM
It will take 3-5 rides to break them in, also since you put on new arms the bushing need to break in also which usually takes longer than the shocks. Ride it like it's your buddies and have fun. Hope you great results. thx.