PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for my brother (ledofthezep)

zephead400ex
03-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Alright, I debated about doing this but here it goes...

ledofthezep, Brandon, has been in the hospital since Sunday with a staph infection in his lip. He does not know the severity of the infection but the doctors are concerned that the infection could spread to his brain. They started another antibiotic (makes #3) about an hour ago to try to control the infection. So far nothing is working. As much as he knows, the worst case scenario could be his lip being huge for a long time. He is being kept in the dark about the severity of the infection so he does not get upset and stress, which could cause more problems. I'm not sure that being kept in the dark is the best way to handle the situation but I also understand that more stress could lead to other problems.

Please pray for my best friend and your guys' friend as well!

Thanks,
Preston

SSracingNY
03-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear that. He's in my prayers

250RNUT
03-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Get well soon brando

03-29-2005, 12:41 PM
i know we have had arguments but I dont ever like to see a fellow rider down...get well

YLW400
03-29-2005, 12:47 PM
man dude, I'm really sorry.. I hope everything goes well.......

zephead400ex
03-29-2005, 02:12 PM
UPDATE: the antibiotic that Brandon is currently being supplied via IV is the last antibiotic that the current hospital has. If this treatment does not work, he will be flown to a Wichita hospital to undergo further treatment. Eitherway it looks like he will have to have surgery on his lip to remove the infectious mass that is plagueing his lip/face. So as of right now, plastic surgery looks inevitable:ermm:

insaneracin2003
03-29-2005, 02:38 PM
im deeply sorry to hear about Brandon,the prayers of me and my family are with him.get well soon

Bush0102
03-29-2005, 02:39 PM
get well soon buddy!:)

Bad Habit
03-29-2005, 02:43 PM
D@mn Preston, that's horrible. We will definitely keep good thoughts for Brandon.

Keep us up to date on his status please.

zephead400ex
03-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
D@mn Preston, that's horrible. We will definitely keep good thoughts for Brandon.

Keep us up to date on his status please.

I will Dan! Thanks bro, I know Brandon appreciates everyones thoughts!

Bad Habit
03-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I will Dan! Thanks bro, I know Brandon appreciates everyones thoughts!
And tell him that he just needs to kick this thing and get better. He doesn't need to take the sympathy route to get a beer from me. My cooler is always open and he's got one waiting for him;)

zephead400ex
03-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
And tell him that he just needs to kick this thing and get better. He doesn't need to take the sympathy route to get a beer from me. My cooler is always open and he's got one waiting for him;)

:)He'll appreciate that. I'll let him know you have a cold one waiting for him, I know he's ready for one!...make that two of us!

redrider69
03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
hope he gets better keep us updated

do they know what caused this infection

03-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Tell him to get well soon, I hope they can find something that will work, he's in my prayers. Definitely keep us updated, do they know what kind of bacteria it is?

Aceman
03-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Did he pierce his lip?

allmixedup047
03-29-2005, 09:30 PM
$hit preston. dan just told me about it. keep me posted on whats going on. give me a call if you have any more news and leave me a message if i dont answer. this is so weird because i just saw you guys a week and a half ago.:(

QuadJunkies
03-30-2005, 12:34 AM
thats terrible!!! I wish the best for him... :(

JTRtrx250r
03-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
thats terrible!!! I wish the best for him... :( :( best of luck dude

Juggalo
03-30-2005, 01:22 AM
i wish the best of luck for him!

MY450R
03-30-2005, 07:33 AM
preston,
im praying right now for him bro
he'll pull through and thats what you should keep telling yourself
i wish the best for him
keep us posted

zephead400ex
03-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Atkins450 Definitely keep us updated, do they know what kind of bacteria it is?

They took a culture yesterday afternoon but it takes between 24-48 hours to return the results. So as of now, they don't know exactly what kind of bacteria it is only that it is a staph infection.

Originally posted by Aceman
Did he pierce his lip?

Hell no!:)

Originally posted by allmixedup047
$hit preston. dan just told me about it. keep me posted on whats going on. give me a call if you have any more news and leave me a message if i dont answer. this is so weird because i just saw you guys a week and a half ago.:(

I know dude, it's crazy how fast this stuff attacks your body. As soon as we find out more info today, I'll let you know.

Originally posted by MY450R
preston,
im praying right now for him bro
he'll pull through and thats what you should keep telling yourself
i wish the best for him
keep us posted

Thanks Chandler! I'll keep everyone updated as soon as I find out new information!

I know Brandon appreciates everyones thoughts and prayers!

Tommy 17
03-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
i wish the best of luck for him!

same here:(

SadisticShee
03-30-2005, 10:54 AM
He has my prayers and i hope he gets well soon:)

zephead400ex
03-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Updated: It looks as though this last round of antibiotics that Brandon has been giving intravenously are working. It is still too early to tell if in fact they are working enough to kill/cure the infection. If everything goes as planned, and the antibiotics continue to work he could come home either tonight or tomorrow.

As soon as I hear more I'll let everyone know!

Foxyangel0425
03-30-2005, 02:04 PM
You guys are in my thoughts....get well soon!!

Chino
03-30-2005, 03:31 PM
best of luck to him!

as one asked earlier, do they know what caused this or is it just random?

zephead400ex
03-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Chino
best of luck to him!

as one asked earlier, do they know what caused this or is it just random?

By the sounds of it he popped a white-head that was directly below his lip. on Thursday. On Friday afternoon his lip began to swell and continued until Sunday.

Hopefully tonight the doctors will release him to go home after they determine whether or not the antibiotics are finally working or not. As soon as I know something I'll let everyone know.

But until then, have a drink on B!:)

Pappy
03-30-2005, 05:15 PM
damn..get better soon man:(

allmixedup047
03-30-2005, 05:41 PM
By the sounds of it he popped a white-head that was directly below his lip. on Thursday. On Friday afternoon his lip began to swell and continued until Sunday.

wow, thats what caused it! dude i hope he gets better. tell him if he gets better i will buy him some miller lite rather than that cheap nasty stuff you guys were drinking down in oklahoma!!!:macho

anyways tell him i said get well soon.:(

Chino
03-30-2005, 05:44 PM

Hopefully tonight the doctors will release him to go home after they determine whether or not the antibiotics are finally working or not. As soon as I know something I'll let everyone know.

But until then, have a drink on B!:)

thats unreal, who knew a zit could cause that much trouble, i've honestly never heard of it, glad to hear he's doin better thou.:macho

zephead400ex
03-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
tell him if he gets better i will buy him some miller lite rather than that cheap nasty stuff you guys were drinking down in oklahoma!!!:macho

Chris...http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/bashhead.gif, haha, jp bro!

Update: Brandon is home from the hospital!!!! The doctors believe the last antibiotic that they had him taking, is working. They had him on this particular antibiotic for almost 36 hours and has greatly reduced the swelling in his lip. As far as I know, the culture test had not came back yet but the doctors felt as though he was well enough to go home. Both today and tomorrow, twice a day, he has to go back to the hospital to continue the antibiotic IV. They have prescribed him Lortab 10 (couldn't talk the doc's into anything better :p ) So, we'll see how this all plays out today and tomorrow. I'll definitely keep everyone updated as I get the info!

Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words, Brandon does appreciate it! It was pretty funny, some people had sent him flowers but he was p*ssed. He said "forget the damn flowers and send some damn parts!":D ...I think he's at least somewhat back to normal:o

YLW400
03-31-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm glad to hear he is doing better! Get well dude!:D

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Glad to hear everything is going better for him . Speedy recovery for him .

I just got out of the hospital also . I went into the Emergency on Monday afternoon after comming back from my girlfriend's parents place Monday . I had swelling and pain in my abdomen. I went under the knife Monday afternoon and it turns out I had an absess that had formed ( they don't know what caused it) . The doctors released me today and I have a pretty nice size wound right now that they didn't stitch . It's about 4 inches long ... an inch wide and an inch deep . Looks pretty nasty , but they said it'll heal itself up within a few weeks . Hard to believe by the size of it ( kind of looks like the gash Pat Brown had on his leg ... if anyone seen it) . I guess my New Years resolution about staying out of the hospital this year didn't turn out as planned . :ermm:

zephead400ex
03-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Damn Greg, we're not even 4 months into the new year and you have already been to the hospital! ...maybe her parents were trying to get "rid" of you!:confused: jp bro! Hope all goes well for you...and stay out of that f*cking hospital dude!

spud400ex
03-31-2005, 03:48 PM
holy chit, didnt think i missed this much in a week. glad to hear hes home.

Quad18star
03-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Damn Greg, we're not even 4 months into the new year and you have already been to the hospital! ...maybe her parents were trying to get "rid" of you!:confused: jp bro! Hope all goes well for you...and stay out of that f*cking hospital dude!

LOL ... I'm trying to stay out of that f*cking place , but so far I've already been in there twice this year ( once was a planned visit to remove screws from my leg :p ) . It's really f*cking sad , when the nurses know you by name . This was surgery #6 within the last 5 years . :ermm: :confused:

brian-250
03-31-2005, 04:09 PM
how hard did you hit for his lip to get that big?:eek2:

haha, hope hes back to normal soon!

2001400ex
03-31-2005, 04:44 PM
I hope he gets well soon. I know I don't come around here much anymore, that's because when I got my new car it just dominated the quad, and forum time...but I'm done modding it (don't worry; no rice, I sware) - so I'm coming back here...time to start with the other toy now.:devil: (The 400.)

I remember him when I used to come here 500 times a day...I honestly hope he gets better SOON!

EDIT: I'm stupid and didn't read all the posts. Glad to hear he's better.

Woodsrider
03-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Its good to here he's getting better. I geuss the morale here is this; Never scratch your *** then pop a zit.:D
(wash you hands before you pop your zits, you'd be suprised whats under your fingernails.)

ledofthezep
04-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Well I'm back, feeling a lot better but still not 100% like I want to think I am, but getting there I hope. Thanks all for the thoughts & prayers!;)

Ended up with a severe staph infection / MRSA "methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus" ---a type of bacteria that is resistant to certain antibiotics. My lower lip was about 6times its normal size...all stemmed from scraping off a little white-head. Leave it to me...:ermm: My body was resisting everything they gave me until they're last resort--Vancomycin aka Vanco...after about 48hrs of the nasty **** pumping through my *** it seems to have done the trick. If it hadn't of worked they were going to life-flight me to Wichita & remove my lower lip and hope for the best, then if I didn't die reconstruct a new lip. The doc told me if they'd of waited about 8hrs longer to give me the Vanco they're about a 90% chance I'd be dead right now since the **** got into my bloodstream. They couldn't give it to me 1st because it's such a pontent anti-bacteria, they have to try all the others 1st. But I'm doing better now, finally back @ work and online...still on some anti-biotics and I've pretty much eaten all my painkillers. The demeral was alright...but after 3days of it getting pumped into me every 2 hours on the spot, it wasn't really even seeming to do much. Just glad to be outa that place, we're planning on hitting the sand next weekend to get our sand fix & hopefully leave all this **** behind me. Hope I feel better by then also. Gotta take it easy for a bit though because if I get the flu, a temp, anything pretty much I have to go strait back to the hospital. Just keeping my fingers crossed...

Again, thanks all...and Dan & Chris, I'll have to take you guys up on that beer!
;) :D

YLW400
04-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Awesome man, great to have you back!! Now I'm scared to pop anymore zits!! lol But in all seriousness, I'm glad everything is gong well again...:)

jcv400ex
04-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Wow that's crazy. Glad to see you back up and at it.

Note to self: don't scratch butt, then pop zit! :devil:

QuadJunkies
04-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Ive had a Staph infection before and its nothing you want to mess with! :eek2: Glad your doing better :)

Woodsrider
04-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Glad to see your doing better.