PDA

View Full Version : 1986 powervalve 265r

keystonedragger
03-28-2005, 09:30 PM
so the story goes like this. i bought this 250r last summer cause i had money and it was burning a hole in my pocket.

it was like this when i got it:
1986 250R
Bugard +2 +1 A-ARMS
Works triple rate piggy back, compression adjustable front shocks set-up for a 200lb rider
Fully rebuilt stock rear shock by pro action
Durablue +4 axle
FMF pipe & silencer, paul turner high-rev pipe
Aftermarket double row rear axle bearing carrier, still tight
front bumper & grab bar
PEP steering dampner
Renthal Bars
Tether kill switch
CT radiator shrouds
Foot peg extenders with kick up
AC PRO PEG nerf bars
K+N air filter with prefilter
Snorkle block off
+2 Stainless steel braided front brake lines
Adjustable rear strut
Parking brake block off
Rear axle lock nut
Cut fenders
HI-FLITE seat
Frame skid plate
Clutch replaced last summer
New bearings in front hubs, rear axle, linkage, shock, and swingarm
new tie rods and ends when i put on the shocks and a-arms
.190 Aluminum front and rear rims, razr 21" fronts, razr 20" rears
stock motor: "PR RACING" engraved in the head. mild port job, probably stock bore or tiny bit over
stock 34mm carb, jetted perfectly
Boysen reeds
20" front razr MX's and 18" rear turf tamers, both sets on .190 aluminum wheels
front lowering kit,
front & rear 18" flattrack tires both sets on .190 rims
Stock a-arms and shocks
Stock 400ex tires on wide offset 9" .190 alum. rims
Cometic TOP-END gasket kit
Extra durablue rear axle
jets for carb

the crankshaft went on that motor so i bought a new motor.
here it is:
built by duncan racing, pc2000 265 bore, 37.3mm bored and polished carb, jetted by duncan perfectly but comes with $50 jet kit from duncan, quoted around 70 horsepower

other than that i have done the following:
blingstar iron cross front bumper
had the swingarm professionally plated and welded (the weakest link in all 250rs) paul turner eliminator pipe and fat boy silencer

so now i'm looking for a street bike, my top choice would be a 929rr or 954rr, cbrs are great but would consider others, hoping for fuel injection. engine size doesn't matter much. so i will take something like that for a trade, and i would take one that's damaged if it's worth it. i would also take a 4x4 quad but not straight up so if you want more than like 2,500 for your 4x4, i'm not interested. let me know what you guys have out there.

if someone wants to make an offer or trade, contact me at keystonedragger@adelphia.net, AIM - keystonedragger or my cell phone is 724-840-2424. everything on this quad has been modified and made better so i'm sure i have forgotten some things.

i will definitely not take less than $5,000. as the world goes, i'm losing money on this deal. i want a street bike for summer so i'm letting it go CHEAP

FYI:to build even the motor thats in this quad you'd have close to what i'm asking by the time you pay for the carb and labor. trust me, it runs like a raped ape and i don't want to sell it, but fact is, it's a race quad, and i dont race. i had my fun building this monster and romping all over my friend's 400ex's and banshees. I have put it up against a stock honda 450r and came out ahead, both experienced riders. Aside from performance, the swingarm has been plated so what is the weakest link in all 250rs is now bulletproof and you can ride care-free. if you can hold on to it. i have more pics. the pipe is different and also the bumper in the one pic but it's just an older pic. i'm also selling an 88-89 chrome laeger's swingarm.

http://www.geocities.com/hackyou69/blingstar.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/hackyou69/left.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hackyou69/right2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/hackyou69/laegers.jpg

represent618
03-29-2005, 07:38 AM
No less than 5,500, yeah, OK. New trx OTD 5400.
Loaded used 450, 5k average.

keystonedragger
03-29-2005, 09:17 AM
like i said, i don't NEED to sell it so constructive criticism welcome. clowns need not post.

kicker696
03-29-2005, 10:09 AM
hes not being a clown, hes just telling you the truth, 5500 is really high for that. Yeh it does have a pc2000 motor but that still isn't worth it, maybe if you had long travel, an aftermarket frame, new swingarm, extra motor, and hipers. That would even be pushing it a bit. like 618 said, you can get a 450 for 5400 OTD and i've forund them for 5000 OTD, my brother just bought a used one with 3 hrs on it, and a couple small mods for 4500.

I guess its a good thing you don't NEED to sell it, cause for that price you prob. won't, just constructive critisizm

represent618
03-29-2005, 10:18 AM
I am by no means a clown, I have bought and sold more bikes than propably 90% of the people on this site, so i know what stuff is worth. you are the clown for even having a wet dream about getting anywhere near 55 Hundred for that bike. for that price you could buy a MUCH NICER quad, that my friend is nothing special, I could buy cleaner R`s all day long for a hell of alot less.

Just an observation, i was done until you called me a clown, name calling is really not needed.

keystonedragger
03-29-2005, 04:33 PM
i dont come here to make friends. maybe you do know what it's worth, but that doesn't mean i won't get close to what i want for it. lets not forget i said i'd take a trade so i guess it would be hard to trade a bike thats worth exactly 5500 wouldn't it. i know i'll get less than 5,500 on a trade but thats ok because i'll end up with what i ultimately wanted anyway.

save your tough guy routine for your friends, if you have any.

outlaw#9
03-29-2005, 06:06 PM
70 hp .... i dont think so ! :confused: try around 45 if its running good :chinese:

ATC-XR
03-30-2005, 08:52 PM
no offense man im all for ya, but they are right, its not close to 70hp and if you get $5000 for it your a very lucky man,do me a favor and look around thy go for a lot cheaper, id still rather pay 5 for this then get a 450 for 5 but i can get one for cheaper than 5 grand thats nicer and so can everyone else lookin for a 250R,
No offense and good luck sellin, if you lower the price let me know

keystonedragger
03-31-2005, 09:08 AM
look guys i'll try to explain this to you again. i have a 250r. thats it. no money. i spent all my money on this quad getting it to be, what i thought, perfect. so now that i want a bike, i have no dough for it. i need to sell this quad for as much as i possibly can so i dont end up going to cycle recyclers and buying a piece of junk. i'll go to $5000 if someone wants to make me an offer please contact me. i threw out 5500 as a starting price. if someone wants this thing make me an offer, thats all i can say.

i was just hoping the person who made me an offer would be going for the trade so i could just trade straight up for a bike but i haven't had an offers like that yet. the bike i found that i would like is 5300, my friend is giving me a deal for 4700 which means i'd need 5 to get it out the door. if anyone can give me 5, or even try a close offer, let me know. it kind of depends on location and how it would be delivered as to what price i would take. just make me an offer it won't hurt.

thanks for all your comments.

ATC-XR
03-31-2005, 11:32 AM
im not gunna be here for a week, im livin in couple hours, but im interested, sounds like a good price, im lookin for a Tecate-3 tho...but if i can ill try and buy that..Good luck with the sale(s)

keystonedragger
03-31-2005, 05:37 PM
i can handle that. good luck finding a tecate. if you are really serious about buying this r let me know. i may go less than 5 grand if you pick it up.

keystonedragger
04-12-2005, 11:27 PM
bump

keystonedragger
05-02-2005, 12:41 AM
thanks for offers and comments, i currently have an offer to trade my quad for a zx-11 and i believe i will by the end of the week. if anyone has any last minute CASH offers please contact me at keystonedragger@adelphia.net. thanks guys.