PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild list

Toadz400
03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Can someone tell me every part that I'm going to need to order from C&D to do a rebuild? I am ordering a stock bore 10.6:1 piston and a HotCams Stage 1 cam. I want to know exactly what I need to order from them...IE: valve guides, etc...so that the top end will be completely new. Thanks in advance.

duke416ex
03-29-2005, 06:57 AM
Piston and ring set, a top end gasket set should have everything in it(base gasket, head gasket, valve cover gasket(can use old one if you are careful), valve seals, timing tensioner gasket). You will also need a side cover gasket. For the cam get whichever one you want, you might as well get a chain, get a crf450 timing chain(heavier and cheaper) and the tensioner(lifter) just to be safe. You will also need to rejet it, but you will have to wait to see what jets. Ithink that is it, sorry if I left everything out.

Toadz400
03-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Thanks, if anyone else has anything else to be added that'd be helpful. I'm going to be ordering the parts tomorrow. As for the jets, I have a Dyno Jet kit so I have all the ones I need.

blue416ex
03-29-2005, 08:38 AM
THE TIMING CHAIN IS OFF AN '02 MODEL DIRTBIKE NOT THE QUAD ITS ONLY LIKE 30$ OR SOMETHING ALOT CHEAPER AND STRONGER THAN OUR 80$ STOCK JUNK WELL WORTH IT IMO:D

duke416ex
03-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Does it have to be an 02, I thought it would be about any year crf450?

wilkin250r
03-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Don't try to get your rebuild done in one day. You're probably going to find lots of little items to replace. I ruined a dowel, a couple carb screws, and had to replace a few motor nuts and bolts, but you can't plan on that type of stuff. Just realize that you're probably going to have to put in more than one order to replace some little parts, unless you plan on spending an extra $150 to have a backup of every little washer, nut, and bolt for your rebuild.

blue416ex
03-30-2005, 12:15 PM
hes right stuff get lost, broken, bent etc.. ,and i just know for a fact that the '02 model timing chain works cuz its in mine im not sure about any other years though good luck with your rebuild :p

Toadz400
03-30-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Don't try to get your rebuild done in one day. You're probably going to find lots of little items to replace. I ruined a dowel, a couple carb screws, and had to replace a few motor nuts and bolts, but you can't plan on that type of stuff. Just realize that you're probably going to have to put in more than one order to replace some little parts, unless you plan on spending an extra $150 to have a backup of every little washer, nut, and bolt for your rebuild.

Oh I know I'm not going to get it done in one day. I'm just trying to get as much stuff ordered at once that I NEED. If anything breaks or I realize needs to be replaced, I'll order that too. I had no intentions of trying to hurry and get it done all at once. Mostly because this is all being done in my shop class at school because I don't have enough room at home in the garage to do it, we still need to do some spring cleaning...majorly. We still have a TIG and MIG welder that haven't come out of the box for two years:huh .