PDA

View Full Version : which plastics

TheFontMaster
03-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Maier-421-535 dollars
Fullbore-635 dollars
Laker Custom-395, and it looks like it needs a gas tank cover so thats another 35-100 dollars.

Fullbores are my favorite, but they are just so expensive. I am not too big on the laker custom front fenders, but they are the cheepest, and the maiers there are so many things u can get it's confusing. I like that with maier I can have a hood that has ether no light or a light, so I can switch between the 2, but the race cut 2 piece fenders look terrible. Or I could spend about another 70 dollars on 2 piece full fenders and cut them. What is everyones oppinions?

muddy400EX
03-28-2005, 08:41 PM
if i had the money i would be buyin fullbores

JDiablo
03-28-2005, 08:54 PM
my choice
1.Fullbore
2.Laker custom
3.Maeir
I say get lake custom that is your best bet,idk how they look on a 250r tho,i save up for fullbore i guess

TGW_400ex
03-29-2005, 08:10 AM
I find fullbore to be a waste of money. Plastic gets scratched up if you really ride why would you pay so much for it?

nat3060
03-29-2005, 08:20 AM
i just bought maier plastics from rockymountainatv.com (cheapest place i found)

and i love them

insaneracin2003
03-29-2005, 08:20 AM
i personally like Laker Customs,Full bore are cool though,i think im going with Laker (site sponsor):cool:

03-29-2005, 12:45 PM
i like lakers clear...wish they would come out with it to the public

Mxjunkie
03-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Fullbores or maiers, I've seen lakers and they are VERY thin, they turn white (where you happen to bend and flex them) really fast, and the fronts a weird design, I dont like them too much.

I would say O.E.M or Maier is your best bet. I've been extreamly happy with all the sets we had on my minis and other quads we have owned.

TheFontMaster
03-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Fullbores or maiers, I've seen lakers and they are VERY thin, they turn white (where you happen to bend and flex them) really fast, and the fronts a weird design, I dont like them too much.

I would say O.E.M or Maier is your best bet. I've been extreamly happy with all the sets we had on my minis and other quads we have owned.

OEM's are out of the question. I need the plastic to be black, and if I'm not mistaken it will be more for OEM than it would be for fullbores.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
03-29-2005, 07:39 PM
i really likes the maier ones imo. :)

Butters
03-29-2005, 07:56 PM
i would just go with whatever is cheapest.........so i guess laker...........unless they look like crap.........which i doubt they do. so my choice is laker.

Jekyl_22
03-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Maier are much cheaper than that...

Chaparral has them... close estimates of course :)

$330 = Regular Fronts, Rear Fenders, Gas Tank Cover, & Side Panels

$285 = Race Fronts, Rear Fenders, & Gas Tanks Cover

I had some Maiers and loved them. They started out incredibly shiney, got a little less shiney but stayed shiney none-the-less. Very thick and sturdy. I really liked the race fronts... made taking off the front and side panels mucho easier. And if I needed the lights for night riding.. I just taped them on.. lol ... jerry rigged... I know. One more thing... make sure you put some heat tape stuff on the inside of the right rear fender to keep them from melting from the heat of your pipe.

With that said... I think they are a pretty killer deal and are the way to go!

TheFontMaster
03-30-2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Jekyl_22
Maier are much cheaper than that...

Chaparral has them... close estimates of course :)

$330 = Regular Fronts, Rear Fenders, Gas Tank Cover, & Side Panels

$285 = Race Fronts, Rear Fenders, & Gas Tanks Cover

I had some Maiers and loved them. They started out incredibly shiney, got a little less shiney but stayed shiney none-the-less. Very thick and sturdy. I really liked the race fronts... made taking off the front and side panels mucho easier. And if I needed the lights for night riding.. I just taped them on.. lol ... jerry rigged... I know. One more thing... make sure you put some heat tape stuff on the inside of the right rear fender to keep them from melting from the heat of your pipe.

With that said... I think they are a pretty killer deal and are the way to go!

I looded on the maier site and those were the prices I came up with. I had maiers on my 300ex, and I know they are good. Do you have a link for Chaparral?

catch22blaster
03-30-2005, 12:37 PM
maier or fullbore

zedicus00
03-30-2005, 01:44 PM
for the price, lakers. fulbore has the best fit an finish but cost to much. i hav tried meiers selver times and ALWAYS been disapointed with the fit and finish.

kenwoodjeff
03-30-2005, 03:51 PM
These are my Lakers, they fit very nice (much better to work with than stockers).
They are about twice as thick as stokers and look SOOOOO much better!!! This pic was fresh off the stand, before I even got all my sponsers and number plated on.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid162/p3e42f78ca6844db7b286a0aaabbb4063/f4bb3b35.jpg