PDA

View Full Version : i did it finally

Scott-300ex
03-28-2005, 07:50 PM
alright, i went ridin today, and i've been wanting to go for a while to start doin wheelies, so i thought i would be scared but i hit this 3 foot lip thing and got it to the balancing point which i thought would kinda get me rattled but it didnt

so then i go ride and stop and give it hardly any gas and pop the clutch and i got it to the balancing point and rode it for a while in 1st.

Then i try shiftin, but my boots couldn't get under it, so i just put my vans, shoes, on, and i could shift but my front end would always come down, i couldn't shift and keep ridin them

so then i started in 2nd, and i'd be movin like 30mph or somethin and get it up to the balancing point but its hard to carry it forever like that

longest i went was 50 feet or so

so, how do i shift and keep the front end up?

i flipped it once, well, hit the grab bar, i was always afraid it would hurt but i didn't feel anything

so tell me how to shift and keep riding it please

and dang, this pop-tart is reeeeealy good

03-28-2005, 07:57 PM
I love pop-tarts. What kind is it. I never really liked the smore ones. It seemed like they were filled with sugar. Strwaberry is reel good. sometimes i eat poptarts before school but tonight i went to subway and got one of those delicious baked apple pies. MMMM..!

Oh yea wheelies there cool! For shifting do it a couple of times w/o the clutch. It wont do crap, Its a honda. If you wanna reel out the wheelies you gotta get it at the balance point and just play around with the throttle. It won't get to touchy with a 300. Lean back as far as you can and get the balance point. On my kfx that has a yosh pipe and some other good its nearly second to natral to just gas it and let off when it feels right.

enduro400rider
03-28-2005, 11:40 PM
when you shift you gotta kinda lean back far to keep it from comin down and once you shift floor it to bring it back up. its a little easier on cement i learned on my road and if you mess up on cement you will deffenatly remember it, so you wont do it agian. it takes a while to get the shifting part down but once you get the 1st to 2nd its all easy from there as long as you arnt afriad good luck with it

blaster_rider68
03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
i like the strawberry frosted pop-tarts:D

muddy400EX
03-29-2005, 04:10 PM
like the other dude said you kinda have to gas it as soon as you shift or the front comes down. i like doin it in 1st for a long time tho, if you gas, brake, gas, brake etc. it usually stays up for a long time:D

chucked
03-29-2005, 04:11 PM
shift without using the clutch, It wont hurt it, Ive done a million wheelies and Ive yet to rebuild the clutch

03-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by chucked
shift without using the clutch, It wont hurt it, Ive done a million wheelies and Ive yet to rebuild the clutch shifting w/o the clutch I dont think will harm the "clutch"...pretty sure it would harm the transmission..im almost positive about that/ don't do anything stupid on pavement unless you are a proffessional

03-29-2005, 04:50 PM
can you shift without the clutch on all 4 wheels,like on a straight road.will it give you more power coming out of a turn:confused:
Oh and i didnt mean to take ur thread or anything,i just didnt want to start one over this little issue cus some people get pizzed:D

hondardr4life
03-29-2005, 04:51 PM
I just pull mine up in 3rd gear and I can ride them for a long time.

03-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Marshmello
can you shift without the clutch on all 4 wheels,like on a straight road.will it give you more power coming out of a turn:confused:
Oh and i didnt mean to take ur thread or anything,i just didnt want to start one over this little issue cus some people get pizzed:D its called speedshifting or something and its quicker than pulling in clutch and shifting but be careful doing it b/c you could impode your tranny and never downshift w/o clutch...(at least I wouldn't)

nosliw
03-29-2005, 07:30 PM
it's alright to shift without the clutch as long as you are completely off the gas so you dont have a load on it

i think i read that at atvconnection.com? maybe it was here i don't know, these are the only 2 atv sites i post at so it's one of them.

YFZ450Ridr
03-29-2005, 07:31 PM
its called power shifting i believe

and as for shifting on wheelies, i jsut balance in first real good and give the throttle a good blip, hit second and wind it out, then do the same thing in second and go into third. i really have to balance going into third because my 250 doesnt ahve the power to bring it back up if it goes down.

redrider69
03-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
shifting w/o the clutch I dont think will harm the "clutch"...pretty sure it would harm the transmission..im almost positive about that/ don't do anything stupid on pavement unless you are a proffessional

mike are u a pro cause ive seen u pullin 4th and 5th gear wheelies on the road lol

chucked
03-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
shifting w/o the clutch I dont think will harm the "clutch"...pretty sure it would harm the transmission..im almost positive about that/ don't do anything stupid on pavement unless you are a proffessional Dude I got ALOT of hours on my tranny, I rode it almost everyday the past few summers, the only time Ive ever used the clutch is starting and stopping, the only thing Ive ever done to the motor is a top end, the tranny is still perfect.

redlineranger
03-29-2005, 09:07 PM
every time u shift jus gas it harder..... thats how i did it on my friends 300 and it worked perty good

Scott-300ex
03-29-2005, 09:08 PM
yeah, i don't ever use the clutch when i go fast, only if im just shiftin slow, your supposed to not use the clutch or you'll burn that thing up

i wasn't usin the clutch when i shifted wheeling either, i guess i gotta blimp it before and after i shift

and it was strawberry, those and cherry are the best and i didn't like the smore either, to much chocolate:D