PDA

View Full Version : GT thunder rebuild ?s

maxamillion
03-28-2005, 03:45 PM
I would like to lower my ride height on my 400ex in the rear a couple inches for better cornering and to get rid of the tippy feeling. Ive heard great things about the gt thunder rear rebuild. I ride trails, fields, and ocassional mx track. I read the rebuild and link is made for 20in tires. Thats fine but every once in awhile i slap on the 18in rears. How does changing the tire size affect the rear shock performance? Also how would this rear rebuild work with stock 400ex fronts? It may be awhile before I could upgrade the front shocks. I would email him but im not ready to buy yet and I dont really want to waste his time.

Thanks.

400exrider707
03-28-2005, 03:52 PM
I emailed him about his linkage setup. He said he also has a linkage for 18 inch tires. I emailed him with the same question cause I too switch tires for different tracks and conditions. I still haven't heard from him. I'm definitely going to have mine rebuilt from him though and Ill have to see which linkage to go with, I'll let you know when I find out, unless someone else already knows then please indulge us.

eagertorace
03-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by maxamillion
I would like to lower my ride height on my 400ex in the rear a couple inches for better cornering and to get rid of the tippy feeling. Ive heard great things about the gt thunder rear rebuild. I ride trails, fields, and ocassional mx track. I read the rebuild and link is made for 20in tires. Thats fine but every once in awhile i slap on the 18in rears. How does changing the tire size affect the rear shock performance? Also how would this rear rebuild work with stock 400ex fronts? It may be awhile before I could upgrade the front shocks. I would email him but im not ready to buy yet and I dont really want to waste his time.

Thanks.
that's a good question. first I think the rear will sit alot lower with having the stock shocks on front, second the front will be a little stiffer and not much wheel travel like the rear. I have this setup for mx with lt on front and its works well.