PDA

View Full Version : 250ex powroll big bore kit

atvfrk10
03-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Is it worth the money to get on of these. Does it make a big accel and top speed increse and does it still keep the engine reliable.

wheeltrax
03-28-2005, 03:25 PM
It will make it more peppy and give it a bit more power, but since you cant change gearing, you wont be able to make it go that much faster speed wise.

deathman53
03-28-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't see the big deal with it, its just a 80 over bore kit, maybe a 120 over, I don't understand people, BORING DOESN'T MAKE SIGNIFIGANTLY MORE POWER, by boring all you do is waste your cylinder to the point of needing to resleave. Sure it may make some more torque, but what would you rather have a $60 bore or a $300 resleave when you have to rebuild it? Power is made in the porting, cam, carb, and exhaust. Your just boring it 3mm?,it not like the displacement is going up by like 80cc's. Actaully the bore kit makes it a true 250cc, instead of the stock 230.

ryanh250ex
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
I don't see the big deal with it, its just a 80 over bore kit, maybe a 120 over, I don't understand people, BORING DOESN'T MAKE SIGNIFIGANTLY MORE POWER, by boring all you do is waste your cylinder to the point of needing to resleave. Sure it may make some more torque, but what would you rather have a $60 bore or a $300 resleave when you have to rebuild it? Power is made in the porting, cam, carb, and exhaust. Your just boring it 3mm?,it not like the displacement is going up by like 80cc's. Actaully the bore kit makes it a true 250cc, instead of the stock 230.

it's an .080 over kit, chris.

he's right, boring alone will not increase power significantly. if the compression is low on the stock piston, it will seem like it did, but all you are really doing is rejuvenating the bike back to how it was when it was new, and then adding a little a bit of power on top of that, since you are increasing your overall displacement.

go to your local performance shop and see how much it will cost to port and polish. if you want, go check out the 250ex cam made by web- it's supposed to be pretty good, and it's pretty cheap, too. There are numerous exhausts available, i have a Pro Circuit T-4 full exhaust on mine and i like it alot.

If you're strapped on cash, do the T-4 full exhaust, remove the airbox lid completely, and get yourself a UNI filter- oh, and rejet the carb too (at close to sea level elevation with the same mods using the Stock honda filter as opposed to the UNI, i run a 100 main jet). the above will make the bike significantly peppier, and you'll be able to do so for under 450 bucks.

atvfrk10
03-31-2005, 02:40 PM
yea i have done every thing possible i can two my 250ex the only thing i can do is a big bore kit and cams which come with it so that is why i have been asking

quadrcr161
03-31-2005, 03:07 PM
why not save the money and put towards a better quad instead of trying to build a little 250ex?

atvfrk10
03-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Because i also have a full outfitted Z400 (shocks, widend, enigine, etc.) I ride two classes and i want to keep up with blasters and 300ex's. The 250 just doesnt have the power

quadrcr161
03-31-2005, 10:14 PM
then wouldnt it make more sence to sell the 250ex and pick up a better machine? you can build up a 250ex as much as you want, but you are limited by the performance, suspension, shaft drive and hp.

2muchquad
04-01-2005, 11:02 AM
why not save the money and put towards a better quad instead of trying to build a little 250ex
man thats one of my pet peeves when someone tells another person to "put their money into another machine".maybe what they have is all they can afford,maybe they like the machine and just want a lil'mo get up,maybe it was a gift and they dont want to seem unappreciative by trying to sell it and get another quad.Just because somebody rides a 250ex and asks a question about motor mods doesnt meanthey are trying to build a 450r beater..:rolleyes: just just want some more power period.:mad: