PDA

View Full Version : How to ride woops fast?

Mxracer53
03-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Who do you ride whoops fast? i am practicingfor racing season and last year racing i coundlnt do woops fast either. so what is the key to riding woops fast. And also i weigh about 160 with gear on so what should i do to make my shocks better. what should i set them at.

kgbg
03-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Lean back and pin it!

RedRacer44
03-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Every whoops section is different, you cant really use the same approach ALL the time. Sometimes you have to rythym (cant spell) through them while you can just "blitz" through other whoops sections. It just depends on how the whoops are built, the track conditions, etc......

During practice, I usually try to roll them the 1st lap to try to get an idea what I can do with them. The next lap, I'll see if I can get into a rythym with them like, double all the way through them or maybe....single in, double, double, and possibly triple the last 3. Like I said, it just depends on that particular whoops section....if you can blitz them, heh, just pin it in 2nd or 3rd and hang on!

HiZ
03-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Slow down your Rebound on the rear shock.
That will help eliminate the bucking feeling.
Lean back and let'm spin

R3Concepts
03-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Slow down the rebound? :huh Bad advice..the faster you hit a whoop section the faster the rebound needs to be, if not the shock will "pack up" after hitting a few whoops, in other words it doesnt have time to come back to its original position by the time it gets to the next whoop, which will inturn make the bike buck, becuase theres no shock travel to accomodate the next whoop.

blaster_rider68
03-28-2005, 02:03 PM
lean forward...........i unfortunatly learned that the hard way:ermm:

blaster_rider68
03-28-2005, 02:03 PM
whoooooops ....lean backward my bad

Out_Sider
03-28-2005, 02:10 PM
if they are close together just pin it and hold on, if they are spaced out a good bit go with a rythem.. if they are medium distance away (the hardest ones for me) then i just try my damnest to get thru it alive :p

WOracing
03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
the first time i tried whoops i didnt even see them coming! lol all of the sudden my quad was all over the place but i just pinned it and was ont he grab bar, i made it through ok though. i havent really tried any difficult whoops just ones i can double or triple.

Mxracer53
03-28-2005, 02:47 PM
So should i soften the rebound or speed up because at my practice track i have medium sized woops so you cant really double or blitz and the seat always hits me in the *****.thanks

HiZ
03-28-2005, 06:43 PM
You will actually be slowing it down.
Push on your grab bar and you want it to return to you slowly.
You should be able to push it letgo and not have it fallow your hands.
You want the rebound to be slow, that is why you are getting bucked off

R3Concepts
03-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
Slow down the rebound? :huh Bad advice..the faster you hit a whoop section the faster the rebound needs to be, if not the shock will "pack up" after hitting a few whoops, in other words it doesnt have time to come back to its original position by the time it gets to the next whoop, which will inturn make the bike buck, becuase theres no shock travel to accomodate the next whoop.

Like I said..Read this post. You DONT slow down the rebound.

Mxracer53
03-28-2005, 07:29 PM
So do i soften or harden rebound soften = slower and hard+ faster right so which is right?

ml450r
03-28-2005, 07:35 PM
"faster the rider faster the rebound" If you are trying to skim whoops then you need the rebound faster. If you have the rebound to slow the rear shock will pack up and buck you off half way through the whoop section. The seat is going to hit you no matter what. It is the design of the Honda's subframe. You just have to adjust your style of riding to it.

yamablaster24
03-28-2005, 07:38 PM
You want the rebound faster to return faster and keep the bike from packing up. When i enter a whoops section on my 400ex i hit it in 3rd gear pinned with my butt on the seat hanging over almost off touching the plastic. I have yet to go over the bars because im floating across the top of them. When their too big to skip acrossi double in and depending on the size i will double or triple out. Basically if they are too small to double you should hit them as fast as you can and skim across the top of them. If u guys say you cant do it i have done it on a 400ex with blown 250r shocks all around and ballooned 23" mud machines on them. It was at sanduskty speedway and while battiling 4 450's trying to hold 1st place i just pinned it thru the whoops and my god the bike was all over the place but i made it through and took home a 1st trophy at the end of the night. At first double the whoops and if you get brave enough skip over the last 3 or 4 then work from there. But if its more of a rythym section stay with the doubling/ triple process. I have quadrupled into a whoop section with maybe 10 whoops and skip the rest but make sure your nose high lol

300extreme#8
03-28-2005, 09:39 PM
whoops vary in sizes,if they r rounded on top pretty well u have more of a chance of blitzin them,ok here we go, when ur aproachin the whoop sec, put it in a gear u know will be enough to get u through teh whoel section on the rev limiter with out blowing it,but if u let off teh gas ur done,get in teh position liek ur bout to pop a wheelie standin up jerk back right before teh first one so u don't preload ur front shocks as much then floor it,and don't let off,stay in that position but bend ur knees more and let ur legs soak up the bumps ,and don't loose ur body position,guide ur handlebar infront of u and keep ur eyes on teh whoop before ur tires,this is y people shave fenders,to watch their tires hit,keep in pinned and keep ur body in teh position, and u should tear some whoops up,u can do this on most whoops no matter what most say,if ur goin fast enough u'll skim them, the more spread out teh fast u'll need to come into them,put it this way,role through them and if u can't role them one at a time u can skip them, but if u can role them one at a time,don't try till ur ready and find a rythem to them and figure where ur more comfortable and ways that ur faster;) hope it helps

Mxracer53
03-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Well i ajusted my suspension and all i can say is wow!my new settings are awsome here they are.
FC-R=2 3/4 turns form soft
L=2 3/4 turns form soft
RC=3 turns=24 clicks from soft
FR-R=3 turns from soft
L=3 turns from soft
RR=3 turns from soft
Here is a good saying"faster you are the faster the rebound"

Martin Blair
03-29-2005, 10:47 PM
get GT Thunder rear link and revalve and set it up for as others said faster you are faster rebound, but not to the piont where it bucks alot. Lean back and use the throttle to your advantage, slowy accl in rolling whoops, try to keep front end light and skiming across the whoops