PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick one out...

ohski
03-28-2005, 03:31 AM
Ok, to keep the story short I need to decide on a mini here in the next few days. The little guy that will be riding it is 6 years old and this is his first quad. He has ridden a KTM-50 prior to this but since he is quite accident prone we decided to get him into a quad. Anyway… We are only looking at 50's for now so please don't tell me about any 70-90cc quads.

This quad will most likely get raced so it needs to be up grade friendly.

Also, any links for parts/whole quads will be appreciated.

Thanks, Wade

Arctic Cat Dad
03-28-2005, 06:41 PM
My son races a Arctic cat mini quad. It been a great quad. The Kasea is also a nice quad. We have all Hetrick racing mods on our 70. They rock with power.

Livin4Real
03-28-2005, 09:47 PM
We are only looking at 50's for now so please don't tell me about any 70-90cc quads.

You should go look at the 70's at least. If you plan on racing especially. My son is 7 and races a kasea 90. You will be much happier with something he will be able to ride for awhile than
with something he will outgrow quickly. Also the 50's and 90's are usually the same size other than tires and engines.

ohski
03-29-2005, 06:55 AM
So is it better to have a lighter quad or one that is 53lbs heavier but has a longer wheelbase and is wider..? I guess at this point I'm looking at the Polaris 50 and the E-ton 50 (maybe 70).

Not many replies here... I know there are a bunch of you all here that have gone through all of this before. A little help please...

I can't get him into a 90cc until he is 8 from all the stuff I've read, and besides that I'm not sure I want my 6 year old on a 90 just yet.

Wade

CHAR250R
03-29-2005, 08:52 AM
I have my son on an 86 TRX70. He has been riding it since he was a little older than 2 years old. He had to rest his feet on the cases because his legs wouldn't reach the pegs. It has a throttle limiter on it to keep him from going faster than his skill level. The only bad thing about it is it doesn't have any suspension. I hear that Lem makes awesome youth ATVs. I hear good things about Kasea, too. You might want to put a post in the open forum where more people with kids will see it.

mcatvme
03-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Get the Kasea Skyhawk 50. Hands down the best mini on the market. www.hetrickracing.com will have all the extras you will every need. We have a 50 that is worked and a 90 and nothing comes close to these two machines.

blaster_rider68
03-29-2005, 03:23 PM
look at raptor 50s or 80s

Livin4Real
03-29-2005, 03:41 PM

Please steer clear of the raptors, I'm not just hating on a brand.
The raptors have the worst suspension setup on a mini period. Just go look at the front ends, all the raptors are , are badgers with different plastic. If your set on a 50 check out the kasea or drr , these two are imo the best out there. Check with Raptor720 at www.miniatvs.com for pricing on a kasea 50. He'll
be in Macon for the GNC so give him a couple days to respond , then compare his price to others and you'll see how much you
can save going with him. Check out the eton 70 if you want something with a little more get up. :cool:

ohski
03-29-2005, 11:16 PM
The Popo is out of the running since there are none left... As in the 2005's are sold out... or at least that is what the 6-7 dealers that I contacted said.

Anyway we have decided to get the little guy a E-ton 70. Now I just have to figure out what color he wants and we are all set.

Thanks for the input...

Wade

90Predator231
04-17-2005, 07:22 PM
The Eton Vipers are a good pick

AtvMxRider
04-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by blaster_rider68

Spike99
04-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ohski
.... Anyway we have decided to get the little guy a E-ton 70. Now I just have to figure out what color he wants and we are all set. Thanks for the input... Wade

I hear the E-Ton 70 is a good little mini. It's the same frame size as the E-Ton 90, except it has smaller tires and smaller engine. 70cc with the near width of the 90. Sounds like another plus to me.

As a suggestion, start your young rider in "pure stock" racing class and upgrade your mini's suspension & performance parts when he is ready. I read about so many people beefing up their minis, their young racer does 1 season, then they loose interest in racing. To save a few dollars and to ensure "racing" is consistance in his heart, only upgrade when needed.

For color, some people love blue, some love red and some love yellow. Always let your young rider "pick the color" they want.

Welcome to the mini-quad world....

ohski
04-18-2005, 11:03 PM
We already got the eton. We were pretty sneaky on how we had him pick out the color he wanted. You see the eton dealer is also our KTM dealer and his older brothers KTM was in the shop getting rebuilt. Anyway while we were in checking on the bike we had him look at the etons. He said he liked the blue one the best so a few days later he got it.

Has been on it just about every day since!!!

Wade