PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Quicksilver Carb

400EX QUADER
03-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Will someone explain to me about the Edelbrock QuickSilver Carbs for a 400ex and soon to be 416ex? I heard you don't have to jet. Does thin mean I will never have to rejet again even if I get more mods?Also what size do they come in(like 38mm,etc.) and are they hard to instal? :confused:

400EX QUADER
03-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Bump

04'400ex'er
03-28-2005, 03:19 PM
I dont know much about them but Ive herd that they are alot harder to work on and much more parts. And Ive herd the 39mm FCR is more powerful. I know it is more popular, Thats what Id go with.

enduro400rider
03-28-2005, 10:57 PM
i have one its a good carb never had to rejet mine yet i know that they have different jets like one for a person running an airbox lid and one thats not, as far as getting parts it shouldnt be a problem with price. i busted a bolt off in mine last summer i sent it back thinking i would have to pay for it but they sent me mine fixed and upgraded with the parts off the new model for free they were all very nice and helpful at edlebrock i beleive its a 38mm for the regular and maby a 42 for the 440 not sure though i do know you can send it back and have it bored out if you need the bigger 440 version latter for around $50.

rob-u/21
03-29-2005, 12:50 PM
I have an edlebrock which I had them bore to an eichner signature series (440). I think its a really good carb. But from past threads most of the people choose the FCR over the edlebrock. I would like to try the FCR but I dont want to spend all that money if the difference is not going to be that great. I like the customer service that edlebrock has, they have a hotline to which you can call and ask them question on how to set up their carb. If you need to replace parts they always have them in stock ready to ship. I dont know if FCR offers something like that.