PDA

View Full Version : We might be selling out

QuadJunkies
03-27-2005, 08:11 PM
ME and my ole man are talking about MAYBE selling BOTH our quads, not sure if or when we will be buying another, alot will depend on things but I am curious what the going price is for an EX these days with mods. I know I wont get nearly what I put into it, nor will I even think of parting it out just yet..If I have to, Ill part it out as a last resort . Most of my mods were just installed and have had little time on ,including the shocks,aarms and a brand new Axle.

Ill be doing the same for the Predator... Whats your thoughts on prices??
IF...we can swing itand finances will allow, be might both be in for new Honda fofiddys :D we will see ... ;)

blue416ex
03-27-2005, 09:07 PM
just make sure you get new bikes dont qut riding but around here in nj a highly modded ex is going for only about 2500 if you can even get that unfortunatly:(

Tommy 17
03-27-2005, 09:12 PM
3000 - 3500 for the ex...

qj i'm just goin to tell u from experience... to even try and compete in the 50 game u need atleast 3,000$ into ur bike... without a big bore, suspension, and all the comfort mods they are worthless... plus theres a ton of cheater bikes out there and it just takes all of the fun out of it...

QuadJunkies
03-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Ive pretty much got everything done to mine .. I would like to see maybe 4500.00 .Its also an 02 model. Im not sure if its dif. back East,but I think thats a fair price for it out West with all the mods..

I wont drop less than that, that would be ripping myself off :ermm: :o :p

All my mods are BRAND NEW..
Tommy, were you quoting me AFTER all the aftermarket??

QuadJunkies
03-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by blue416ex
just make sure you get new bikes dont qut riding but around here in nj a highly modded ex is going for only about 2500 if you can even get that unfortunatly:( I wish I lived in your state when I needed a quad ! :blah:

My quad should sell for more than that here... ;)

blue416ex
03-27-2005, 09:27 PM
in nj bikes are cheap cuz there are no places to ride for free so people buy them find out they can't ride them and you get new bikes for cheap :blah:

YZ400EX
03-27-2005, 09:36 PM
QJ, I know that here in Idaho your bike should sell easily..Check out the Thrifty Nickel(dont know if you got it there or not) I know you guys have something real similar if not..They sell all the time in there..People selling stock 01 and 02's for like $3900..I dont think you would have a hard time selling it here in Idaho or around the surrounding states for what you are looking for..:D

QuadJunkies
03-27-2005, 09:39 PM
thanks YZ,I didnt think it would be hard to sell mine, its been taken care of VERY well too.. We do have thrify nickel too..At least if I sold it local, peeps would maybe know a little bit behind thehistory of the quad too... ;)

YZ400EX
03-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We do have thrify nickel too..At least if I sold it local, peeps would maybe know a little bit behind thehistory of the quad too... ;)

Yea exactly..I figured you could sell it locally and not have to worry about shipping and with the prices around here for stock ones I dont see any problems with selling yours especially if they know the story behind it and the mods that you have especially if they can see it in person..:)

QuadJunkies
03-27-2005, 10:31 PM
BTW.. hows that beast of yours coming along??? :devil:

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-27-2005, 10:50 PM
with all of that done to your ex you will probably be able to get $4500 out of it

YZ400EX
03-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
BTW.. hows that beast of yours coming along??? :devil:

So far so good..Got the frame all modded and the motor in and ready to go..Just waiting on a fabbed up oil tank and the exhaust and I am out on to the dunes once again..I am gonna put it all together and ride it pretty hard for about a week and then tear it apart again and check for any cracks and if all is good I am gonna have it blasted and re-PC'd..Not sure on the frame color yet..This project has been slow going though, but I am almost done and from what I have heard about this conversion it going to be a beast!! I sure hope so for how much time it has taken and how much it has cost!! I cant wait!!:devil: If you guys get your 450's I will have to make a trip and see how it runs against them..

sly400ex
03-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
3000 - 3500 for the ex...

qj i'm just goin to tell u from experience... to even try and compete in the 50 game u need atleast 3,000$ into ur bike... without a big bore, suspension, and all the comfort mods they are worthless... plus theres a ton of cheater bikes out there and it just takes all of the fun out of it...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think QJ is saying that her and her man are going to be getting some 450's, and Tommy is thinking that you mean 50's......that's why he mentions needing all the upgrades, right???? :confused: