PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cover Idea

chucked
03-27-2005, 08:05 PM
I was at johanne fabrics today lookin at some fabric to do my truck. I saw this marine grade vinyl, Ive been wanting a black seat cover for awhile... I can get this stuff for 5 bucks a yard, which should be enough to do it. Anyone else ever done it? I think im gonna try to make a seat cover this week.

ericstam07
03-28-2005, 02:34 PM
about doing that but you have to have an endustrial(sp?) sewing machine to sew that stuff and i dont have one...im going to get a black and red one made for me...it will be alot cheaper then 45 bux to buy one

03-28-2005, 02:59 PM
marine vinyl is a serious bit*h to stretch.. it doesnt really.. lol.. the only difference with marine vinyl and standard vinyl is marine vinyl is made for constant outdoor use, and standard vinyl can take it every now and then.. the stock seat covers are standard vinyl

Jesse

Lolli2
03-29-2005, 06:18 AM
You might want to try a marine canvas/vinyl shop. Like where they make boat covers and stuff. They usually do stuff like that.

Dave300ex
03-31-2005, 09:15 PM
i redid my seat with Vinyl u use on boats just used some staples not sure if stock seat's have staples in them on the underbelly of it. Worked on this seat