PDA

View Full Version : so i want to do somthing to my engine

ericstam07
03-27-2005, 05:43 PM
i have a 250x engine with a cobra exhaust and that is it...what else should i do to it..i dont wanna do easy stuff like cams or somthing like that to get more power

ericstam07
03-27-2005, 07:16 PM
wow 22 plp have looked at it and no one has said anything????

2muchquad
03-27-2005, 07:28 PM
go with a bore and stroke kit.that'll give you something to do with your motor:)

bradley300
03-27-2005, 08:01 PM
get a better pipe, you should notice a nice difference. i like the HMF and pro circut

stonerider250x
03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
every one thinks the cobra is a horrible exhaust simply because it isnt shiny and is metal but in fact i borrowed my freinds dmc and my cobra had more power and this was on an almost perfectly tuned 250x with lots of motor mods. im not sure witch cobra pipe u have tho i have only rode with one and thats the cobra steel not sure bout the rest.

wheeltrax
03-27-2005, 09:26 PM
alot more ppl say it isnt a great pipe because dynos have shown it isnt as great as the others. They make a shiny cobra also..

stonerider250x
03-27-2005, 10:19 PM
i know there are better pipes such as the sparks and other very pricy pipes but not every ones rich like some of u people and have to race with what they got and if i purchased a sparks it would prolly give me.5 to 1 hp gain and i dont think thats worth 350 dollars thats just my opinion tho but hey if u got the money spend it.

power isnt that important on the track anyhow..it takes suspension and talent

Out_Sider
03-27-2005, 10:38 PM
most ppl are right sayin cobras suck, but ONLY on stock motors because there is to little back pressure, but on built motors they actually do pretty damn good in the higher rpms

btw: My DMC full system is forsale if anyone is interested :devil:

2muchquad
03-28-2005, 07:14 AM
a cobra i think is just as good as the high dollar pipes.one could buy a sparks or tc pipe and they are both louder than the cobra or dg.the tc is a reverse megaphone style just like the cobra.the only thing is its not endorsed by the big name racers or companies.sure there may be a few subtle differences but like all exhaust its still a aluminum shell with a perforated core wrapped in exhaust packing.yeah there are differnces with the header etc as far as what makes power but for the money,i would buy the cobra.why pay 3x the amount for a pipe just as loud,that MIGHT make 1/5 of a hp more on top where most people dont ride anyhow?Duh.:D

stonerider250x
03-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
most ppl are right sayin cobras suck, but ONLY on stock motors because there is to little back pressure, but on built motors they actually do pretty damn good in the higher rpms

btw: My DMC full system is forsale if anyone is interested :devil:

well my motors never been stock while ive had it and each year it just gets modified more so i dont know nuthin bout that. but damn if u got a stock 300ex or 250x motor u aint got much power anyway