PDA

View Full Version : Banshee question

Mxjunkie
03-27-2005, 05:39 PM
On the top of my trans case there is a hole under the motor mount, when you turn the motor upside down all the tranny oil comes out. I was just wondering if there is a vent hose thats suppose to go there or like a dipstick? Reason I am asking is because my friend took the motor out and I dont know what was there or if something is missing..

Thanks

Mxjunkie
03-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Help.... :(

04'400ex'er
03-27-2005, 07:56 PM
I know my brothers 04 shee has a hole right behind the jugs between the carbs on top of the case but it is just a drain hole for water or gas that leaks on top of the cases. I know this cuz we dropped the screw off the carb boot down it yesterday when we were putting FMF SST's on it and couldn't find it. finally we got it off the skid plate with a magnet. hope this helps but im not sure that is what you are talking about.

Mxjunkie
03-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Its right under the rear motor mount on the back of the motor

willow2679
03-28-2005, 08:19 AM
There goes a hose for the crankcase to breathe it goes from there passing through the middle of the carbs and connect to a T and one hose goes down the water pump and the other hose goes making a loop under the part of the frame that holds the steering stem where is a bracket welded to the frame (from there goes down again and connect to nothing just hangs down there
Hope itīs clear tell me if itīs not so I just try again

Mxjunkie
03-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by willow2679
There goes a hose for the crankcase to breathe it goes from there passing through the middle of the carbs and connect to a T and one hose goes down the water pump and the other hose goes making a loop under the part of the frame that holds the steering stem where is a bracket welded to the frame (from there goes down again and connect to nothing just hangs down there
Hope itīs clear tell me if itīs not so I just try again

Thanks! :)

blue416ex
03-28-2005, 01:13 PM
yea that is the tranny vent u put the hose on there to the T fitting to your water pump and then up to where your stem mounts then down hanging ;)

basically what ^^^ said