PDA

View Full Version : Easter Bunny Revenge 50

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:28 AM
The 3rd round of the www.koontzadventureseries.com rolled into the West Virginia Off-Road Park & Campground, located just south of Charleston WV. This new facility will soon have a Motocross track, Harescrambles courses and a AMA sanctioned Hillclimb. Also, full RV hook ups are being installed in time for upcoming events.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Being that the race was held over the Easter Holiday weekend, race promoter Paul Koontz had plenty of Easter surprises for the children who follow this series.

400 easter eggs were scattered about the facility with prizes ranging from candy, giant easter baskets and 2 brand new bicycles!

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:35 AM
70cc rider Micheal Mussi was in attendance aboard his freshly built Arctic cat. Micheal is looking to really step up his racing this season and the Koontz series is just the place for a young rider to gain the expierence needed to compete in the GNCC series!

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:37 AM
The 50cc class was showing only 1 rider. The holiday weekend had attendence numbers extremely low for a Koontz Youth Race.

Ryan Hill took full advantage of this and grabbed himself a win:p

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:39 AM
The 70cc - 90cc classes would run an extended course. At 2 1/2 miles this course would indeed test the ability of the young riders.

On the line just minutes before the start, riders gather themselves and take last minute instructions from thier parents.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Rider 776, Cody Hill patiently awaits the start of the race, and this picture caught him staring at the first obstacle of the race, a very long climb to the top of the surrounding mountain!

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:44 AM
A surprise change to a dead engine start provided the GNCC riders some much needed expierence. The electric start quads pull the pull start quads off the line.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Brandon Boso, Canaan Summerfield and Micheal Mussi all jumped to an early lead as the riders raced for the first turn.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:48 AM
The long pull up the mountain on these small machines is something to watch. The mix of thumper grunt and the sound of 2 stroke's filled the mountain as every parent watched as thier young racer entered into the mountains.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Parents became very nervous as the riders crossed the top of the hillclimb. One young rider commented after the race that the view from up there was "awesome"!:D

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Brandon Boso was the first rider to emerge back into everyone's view.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Canaan Summerfield was on a tear as he kept pace with the leader.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Everyone became concerned when what seemed like an eterinity passed before 3rd place rider Mike Miller emerged. Radios crackeld as information was relayed that a few bottlenecks had the field stopped. The relief was short lived as Miller pulled over to inform everyone that young Micheal Mussi was injured.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Cody Hill was in 4th postion at the end of lap 1

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Paramedics examine Mussi after he was brought in from the course. Im happy to say he was fine, just shaken up and scared from being trapped under his quad.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Brandon Boso rode to a win on what ended up being a shortened race. Teh race was called short 15 minutes early as several of the riders were having extreme difficulty in completing the race.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Canaan Summerfield took the class win and 2nd overall today. Mike Miller grabbed himself 2nd followed by hard charging Cody Hill.

Cody was extremely disappointed the race was cut short as he was ready to go after Miller on the next lap.

" I was feeling really strong at the end of the second lap. Miller was just infront of me and I could see he was getting tired. The training this winter had help me and I was ready to pour it on for the last 2 laps and improve my finish" Cody Hill's statement after the race.

Pappy
03-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Canaan Summerfield displays the 1st place plaque he recieved for winning his class. He really was flying today and looks to be ready for the season! Congrats to you from all of us at ATVriders.com!