PDA

View Full Version : 450r maitence

mersingt
03-27-2005, 06:38 AM
Im gonna be getting a 450r or a z400 in a couple of weeks and Im wondering what you guys do as of maitenece and other things.....

what are a few things i should buy as soon as i get it....coming from a 300ex either of those 2 should be good performance wise....

03-27-2005, 11:18 AM
bunch of oil filters and some tranny fluid b/c he engine only holds 0.85 qts of oil so frequent oil changes are a must

RedRacer44
03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Change the oil/oil filter on a regular basis depending on how much you ride, how you ride, and type of oil you use. The cheap Honda GN4 oil is good stuff but it breaks down pretty quick so it needs to be changed often, at least it was for me. I use BelRay Thumper 20w-50 now and the stuff really holds up well in both sides of the motor. I can get quite a few rides/races in w/out changing the oil.

Clean your air filter on a regular basis as well. The OEM setup isnt too bad but look into getting the Sparks Filter Setup or the Pro Design Pro Flow setup.

Check radiator fluid levels on a regular basis too. I havent lost a drop since I've had mine so not too much to worry about there.

Basically on the 450R, the maintence is all the same as any other quad except you need to get do it a lil' more often since it is a "high performance" engine. Needs a tad bit more TLC!