PDA

View Full Version : crappy local buisness

Juggalo
03-27-2005, 02:02 AM
well this story has been a long time in the making but it finally came to a climax the other day and im so fed up with it i just had to let some steam out and tell you guys. so pull up a chair kiddies its story time...

ok so i had some shirts made at a local buisness here for my freestyle motocross team. the name of the place is Sportz Shirtz USA. i go in there and place my oder...the guys seem pretty cool there. we get everything set up and they write me out a reciept for the total which i dont quite remember exactly what it was cuz it was early october at the time. but i think it was like 180 dollars for 20 shirts. the way it worked was you payed X amount of dollars per shirt plus a one time set up fee and 30 dollars per color per side on the shirt (they were going to be 2 color shirts). ok whatever..so far so good right. well the shirts had a logo on the front and a logo on the sleeve. the very first day i made the order i asked about the sleeve logo and they said it was no big deal. so i agree to the price and wait for the shirts to be done. well they tell me they will be done on a certain day..i go in that day and they havent even started on them yet! im like ok whatever i can wait a while longer and they promise me they will get em done on a new date. ok i say and i leave. well a day or 2 goes by and they call me up and tell me theres a problem with the design and i need to come in and fix it. so i think uhhh thats their job. but none the less i came in and got on their computer to use photoshop to turn the pictures black and white so they could use them (on the first day they said everything was fine about the pictures that would be put on the shirt). so here i am doing their job on my time. oh and i forgot to mention almost every single time i went in there they were just sitting around smoking cigarettes and DRINKING BEER including when i went in there to do their job for them. so when i get there they tell me theres a problem with my sleeve design but he will tell me what it is when im done. ok i say and i get to working on it cuz i have stuff to do. i forget all about it and they never mentioned anything to me when i was finished either. so i leave and like a day or 2 later the shirts are done. i pick them up and pay the bill. there were some setbacks but i got my shirts so i let it slide. im driving home and i get a call from them saying i owe them like 80 more dollars. WTF im thinkin and they tell me its because they had to charge me the set up fee and 2 color fee on the sleeve design. screw that i asked about it and they never ever said anything. they said well i told you i had to talk to you about your sleeve the other day. well you know what its not my fault they never told me about it. so im pretty mad i have to pay more money but i eventually talk them down to me only paying 20 dollars extra on top of the bill i had agreed on and signed. im mad about that but whatever i let it slide. well in the last 2 weeks i tried calling them again to get a couple more shirts made. they told me on my first visit with them that if i ever needed more shirts there would be no setup fee or anything..just 10 dollars a shirt. so i call them and say what i need and i go and thats 10 dollars a shirt right? the dude goes well..uhhh..there will be a small setup fee too. i say no you told me 10 dollars a shirt. and then they were like oh yeah i said id do you a favor right? and i was like no actually you just said 10 dollars a shirt. so he says ok thats fine but i have to go eat dinner i will call you monday (this was a friday) i say ok i need these shirts by the 25th have a nice dinner. he says thats no problem and thanks. this was the 18th...monday rolls around..no phone call. i try calling them...no answer. march 24th...the day before i need them i call and finally get thru. i asked for terry the owner and he wasnt in. i said well have him call me when he gets in cuz you guys are pissin me off cuz you keep blowing me off (before he told me hed call me monday i left 2 messages on their answering machine that he never responded to on 2 earlier days). dude on the phone says i have nothin to do with those guys im just the graphic artist here. i say ok im sorry just have terry (the owner) call me when he gets in. ok i will he says..he'll be in at noon. 12:30 rolls around and still no phone call. i call them..no answer. i call 4 more times in a row before somebody finally picks up the phone. terrys still not in but he'll call me. ok thanks i say. no call. i call back later and finally get terry. as soon as he knows who it is on the line he starts yelling at me and cussing me out for "harassing" his graphic artist. i go dont yell at me. he says no F-you you dont talk to my employees like that...well i just lost it and said a couple things to him about his mother and I as well as a couple other innapropriate comments because man i was steamed and i told him i was going to tell everybody about how shady his buisness is at our shows we're doing including one with a very prominent freestyle motocrosser and on the biggest radio station in the area that will be covering the event. he goes i dont give a sh|t. i say a couple more things and hang up on him. he calls me back in a little bit. i answer and he calmly says "hey dude" im like hey... and then he says he just called his brother whos a police officer and that this number was on the police watch list or something dumb like that. so i was just a big smart *** like ohhhh nooo not thaaat! and i told him about my uncle whos a lawyer and my best friends uncle who i am friends with whos a jude and i told him to go F himself because i didnt break any laws and he just hung up on me. man i am so mad about this whole thing! i reported them to the better buisiness bureue today and i dunno what else i can do but man i cant believe that place!

anyways that was really long and prob just sounded like rambling to you guys but i just needed to let some steam off! i cant believe a buisness would be so unprofessional!

jdwxv3
03-27-2005, 06:14 AM
Why did you want to go back after the first problem. I would have never went back after that! I hope they dont treat everyone like that if so they will be ran into the ground soon.

bulkdriverlp
03-27-2005, 07:30 AM
thats a good story. we have a auto garage in town that works like that. drinking beer and making t-shirts just dont jive, theyre idiots

Aceman
03-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
i forgot to mention almost every single time i went in there they were just sitting around smoking cigarettes and DRINKING BEER

Is this a red flag to anyone else reading this? I'm sorry man but if I came in and saw them doing this I sure as hell wouldn't of tried placing a second order with them. As far as I'm concerned you brought it on yourself trying to deal with them a second time. But in any case, that is just bad business the way they are handling things.

chucked
03-27-2005, 10:20 AM
INTERNET!

http://www.richgraphix.net/

Juggalo
03-27-2005, 12:16 PM
the reason i went back to them was because i only needed like a couple shirts made. i didnt want to have to pay all kinds of setup fees and what have you just for a like 3 shirts. since they told me 10 bucks a shirt i figured id be able to get them cheap. and yeah i thought it was weird that they were drinkin beers but like they seemed pretty cool at the time and i already payed half the money up front so i didnt think too much of it...i realize now that i should have

03-27-2005, 03:04 PM
go back with a lighter and gas at night....j/k :macho

Juggalo
03-27-2005, 09:43 PM
haha yeah right...prob teach em a lesson tho! not worth going to jail for a long time for tho lol. i dunno..i will tell everybody i can around here about how crappy they are and just hope they go out of buisness