PDA

View Full Version : My friend driving his dads dodge diesel

LazeR
03-27-2005, 01:28 AM
Well we went riding today and it wasnt that exciting of a place so my friend decided to take his dads diesel out and play!

LazeR
03-27-2005, 01:28 AM
coming out

LazeR
03-27-2005, 01:29 AM
going in

LazeR
03-27-2005, 01:29 AM
in the water :D i also rode around with him for a bit....it was so fun!

LazeR
03-27-2005, 01:30 AM
last one

kevo081
03-27-2005, 01:39 AM
you should get some pics of it sittin still. it looks like a nice truck. did yall ever get stuck?

LazeR
03-27-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by kevo081
you should get some pics of it sittin still. it looks like a nice truck. did yall ever get stuck?

I'll look through the pics i took i have one or two of it sitting still :p, i will put it up sometime tomorrow, im way to tired to do it right now :rolleyes: Never got stuck, didnt even really come close to getting stuck, it was fun though :macho also some guy out there tried flying through the water like we were and he hydrolocked his truck :eek: they got it to start up, but it was running sooooooooo bad. I think they bent a valve

jdwxv3
03-27-2005, 06:21 AM
If I were his dad I would kick the sh!* out of you! Better hope the dad dont see those pics! Kids these days:D

SSracingNY
03-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
If I were his dad I would kick the sh!* out of you! Better hope the dad dont see those pics! Kids these days:D

/\/\What he said

JTRtrx250r
03-27-2005, 11:28 AM
If I were his dad I would kick the sh!* out of you! Better hope the dad dont see those pics! Kids these days:D I'll 3rd that 1:D

Im pretty sure "dad" will notice;)

BIGRED400
03-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Being a DAD I'll say this ...........did he have a clue how much money he is playing with?? Being a diesel you can double that if the ol' injectors suck water in and ruin the motor, take some some responsability, you're close to being an adult, show the pics to your DAD and see how he reacts...........LOL

SSracingNY
03-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
I'll 3rd that 1:D

Im pretty sure "dad" will notice;)

yea dad will notice when he climbs underneith for an oil change and sees mud packed around everything. Me being experienced in offroading with trucks and cleaning them. Yea its fun to do but now you just caked all the bearings and everything in mud. MAAAD money there. Plus it takes hours to even remotly clean the whole truck. its not worth it. Especially being a diesel where everything is double. Hes not the sharpest knife in the drawer...

TGW_400ex
03-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Way to beat his dads nice truck:rolleyes:

brian-250
03-27-2005, 01:21 PM
if it was a old POS 4X4 i wouldent care but on a truck like that i hope he kicks the **** out of you to!:devil:

LazeR
03-27-2005, 02:14 PM

We already showed his dad the pics, he thought it was awesome. Nothing got hurt and we washed the truck right afterwards and my friend is gonna change the oil in the front and rear end and the transfer case just incase water got in there!

TCracin440ex
03-27-2005, 09:09 PM
either thats a shallow hole..or the truck is lifted....i wanna c some after pics...and some sitting still

i woulda been pissed as well

edit: use some good hd gear oil for the front and rear diffs. and if you plan on doing mudding like that in the future make sure you extend your diff. breather lines

Big400EX
03-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Is there a sequel to this because most of the time when you post pics of your friends cars, there badly beaten and destroyed.

:o

LazeR
03-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
Is there a sequel to this because most of the time when you post pics of your friends cars, there badly beaten and destroyed.

:o

haha nope its fine, im back home now though but when i left it was running fine and everything.

Also i doubt its gonna be drove like that through water again.

The truck isn't lifted, stock 2500, the one waterhole was prolly up to the bottom of the truck or so. Not that deep, but deep enough lol

mattonln
03-27-2005, 11:58 PM
why are you all getting butt hurt? if you have a 4 wheel drive truck with tires and you're willing to have some fun and forge some stuff then what the hell? you guy's are just too weiner!! i've taken my ranger with a 3 body lift and mud tires rock crawling with my bro's LT jeep and all i got was a little body damage :D You gotta have some fun sometimes, your only a kid once!

YZ400EX
03-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by mattonln
why are you all getting butt hurt? if you have a 4 wheel drive truck with tires and you're willing to have some fun and forge some stuff then what the hell? you guy's are just too weiner!! i've taken my ranger with a 3 body lift and mud tires rock crawling with my bro's LT jeep and all i got was a little body damage :D You gotta have some fun sometimes, your only a kid once!

You notice you said you took YOUR truck out and beat it up..Not someone elses that you couldnt pay for if it did get damaged..Any NORMAL person with be PO'd if they seen someone else treating their vehicle like this!!

JForestZ34
03-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Well I don't know his father so I can't really say, but I doubt when he saw the pictures he really didn't care and thought it was kind of cool. I know if it where my truck that kid wouldn't be riding his quad for a long time. Maybe if the father took his quad out and really beat it like that I winder if the kid would get upset if her had to pay to get it fixed.

Oh and by the way just changed the diff fluids and t case fluid won't get any water and grit out. Usally you have to pull the axles and spray the inside really good with cleaner then reassemble. I know I've done it many times.

James

represent618
03-28-2005, 09:00 AM
disrespectful little losers. you need to get a job, buy a truck, then go 4 wheelin, until then I hope someone kicks your asses every dasy for being little mommaz boyz.............

Hondadudeehhhh
03-28-2005, 02:01 PM
wow most of you guys are a bunch of tight asses. They were just having some fun, relax. If his dad didnt care why do you have to *****? Thsi thread went from "here's my friend having fun with his dad's truck" to "you need to get a job! teenagers are ungreatful blah blah blah"

looks fun

LazeR
03-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
Well I don't know his father so I can't really say, but I doubt when he saw the pictures he really didn't care and thought it was kind of cool. I know if it where my truck that kid wouldn't be riding his quad for a long time. Maybe if the father took his quad out and really beat it like that I winder if the kid would get upset if her had to pay to get it fixed.

Oh and by the way just changed the diff fluids and t case fluid won't get any water and grit out. Usally you have to pull the axles and spray the inside really good with cleaner then reassemble. I know I've done it many times.

James

Well this is where you are really wrong, his dad thought the pictures were cool and didnt have a problem with him driving it through the water like that.....We could of been jumping it something. Remember assumption is the muther of all screw ups!

Also his dad was a mechanic for about 30 years and thats all he wanted my friend to do was replace all the fluids so hes doing what his dad asked.

Originally posted by YZ400EX
You notice you said you took YOUR truck out and beat it up..Not someone elses that you couldnt pay for if it did get damaged..Any NORMAL person with be PO'd if they seen someone else treating their vehicle like this!!

You are also wrong considering that he does have a job and if anything managed to break on the truck he could of replaced it. Maybe not right away since he is paying for college as well, but he would of had it replace for his dad.

Alot of you need to loosen up. Although i wouldnt take my parents vehicle and do that, nor take my own vehicle and do that since i dont want to hydrolock it, most of you just need to loosen up and have some fun or something.

markk
03-30-2005, 12:38 AM
I WOULD HAVE SHOOT THAT B@$terd IF THAT WAS MY TRUCK!

SandAddict_pred
03-30-2005, 12:47 AM
woot!! love puddle splashin!!

banshee93
03-30-2005, 01:22 PM
That looks like some fun. i think that if you have a four wheel drive then you might as well get some use of it.

chevy19
03-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey guys relax its only a $40,000 dollar piece of crap dodge just throw it out and get a chevy!!!!!!!

MotoX3
03-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by chevy19
Hey guys relax its only a $40,000 dollar piece of crap dodge just throw it out and get a chevy!!!!!!! im a chevy guy and that even sounded weak to me:ermm:

yoshz400rider
03-30-2005, 05:17 PM
wow guys have some fun my dad lets me wheel his truck a 2004 dodge hemi why not thats what there made for if u brake it just fix it for him thats all

allmixedup047
03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
you dont throw away ride quality, quietness , and gas milleage for nothing. if you lift a truck and put mud tires on it, somebody better be having some fun with it!!! if his dad has a truck like that im sure hes done some mudding befor in his lifetime. and another thing im sure of is if the kid knew his dad would be pissed, he wouldnt have done that. i knew my limits with my parents and im pretty sure most people do.

SWEET PICS!!!

jdwxv3
03-30-2005, 06:02 PM
My buddy "had some fun" with his dads duramax doing what you all were doing and he blew the motor up. It was no fun anymore after that. He has a job as well but he would have been much better off going and buying an old beater truck to tear up instead of his dads $40,000.00+++ truck. I am all for having fun but, it is all fun and games until someone tears something up. But hey if the dad is really ok with it and does not mind being out of a vehicle for a while and you buddy is willing to take the chance then go tear sum chit up boys! Later, Josh

wvspeedfreak
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Remember guys,it's only funny until something breaks...............then it's freakin' hilarious :D

allmixedup047
03-30-2005, 07:11 PM
its fun running old trucks through the mud, but running new trucks through the mud is even more fun!!!:blah:

LazeR
03-31-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
its fun running old trucks through the mud, but running new trucks through the mud is even more fun!!!:blah:

haha yea, until you break a new truck.....there so much more to fix :( but other then that its all good lol

thanx for all the positive feedback on the pics!

My friend does know his limit with his parents and its not like we were destroying the truck so we figured why not :macho then when we showed the pics we figured his dad would be like heh thats nice....but to our suprise hes like "Thats awesome" "You have to send me these so i can print em out and show to ppl at work" and all this! so it was pretty cool

nebjamin
03-31-2005, 12:51 AM
Sweet man. My dad has a supped (sp?) up chevy that can beat our v8 mustang. Its a brand new silverado. Im taking it out next month when im 16 lol. If he yells at me about taking it mudding, ill show him this site. Usually when I do that my parents are like oh, well... please dont do that again.

LazeR
03-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by nebjamin
Sweet man. My dad has a supped (sp?) up chevy that can beat our v8 mustang. Its a brand new silverado. Im taking it out next month when im 16 lol. If he yells at me about taking it mudding, ill show him this site. Usually when I do that my parents are like oh, well... please dont do that again.

I would make sure you are not going to get in trouble before you do it :ermm: and if your parents dont want you to.....respect that. Thats what i do, and im 18.....so far it has worked real good for me, i can drive anything they have, take out their boat anytime i want because they know i respect there stuff and im responsible :cool:

nebjamin
03-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Lol I know but I mean he takes it mudding and beats it and hes like NO you CANT take it. He just wants it to himself. He would let me but yea I will ask him first.

LazeR
03-31-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by nebjamin
Lol I know but I mean he takes it mudding and beats it and hes like NO you CANT take it. He just wants it to himself. He would let me but yea I will ask him first.

Have you ever 4 wheeled before ? (in a truck) If you havent maybe you should see if your dad will take you out and let you drive around in the mud so you can get practice and maybe that will make him feel more comfortable.....

I've been 4 wheeling since i was about 12. (in a truck) and im what you could call a "graceful" 4 wheeler, i dont go out and thrash on my truck. All my friends who werent taught to 4 wheel bonzai over things and through water and what not....Although that is fun...I like to crawl up things, it makes it more technical. Yes you do have to get on it now and then to make it up a hill or through a mud bog cause you gotta keep your tires clean but its a lot different then bonzai'ing through everything :rolleyes:

chevy19
04-01-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey guys relax its only a $40,000 dollar piece of crap dodge just throw it out and get a chevy!!!!!!!
Yes i just kidding but its still fun in the mud. is that a cummins disel or gas.

MOFO
04-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Yes i just kidding but its still fun in the mud. is that a cummins disel or gas.

well, after reading the TITLE and thread, you can come to the conclusion that it IS a diesel.

reading does wonders sometimes.

LazeR
04-02-2005, 03:39 PM

..................Its a cummins turbo diesel.

chevy19
04-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
well, after reading the TITLE and thread, you can come to the conclusion that it IS a diesel.

reading does wonders sometimes.

ok MOFO i think you are a MOFO so just shut the hell up (maybe next time ill read the title)

quadryder
04-09-2005, 05:30 AM
wow, my dad would have kicked my ***** if i took his powerstroke through that:eek2:

LazeR
04-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by quadryder
wow, my dad would have kicked my ***** if i took his powerstroke through that:eek2:

Yeap same woulda happened to me if i took my dads truck through something like that......but all people are different.