PDA

View Full Version : s-10 suspension lift

smith_400ex_213
03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
howdy....i got a 92 chevy s-10 standard cab with a 4.3....and i wanna lift it up a bit cuz i hate how low it sits...and yea neways...and friends had his 1/2 ton i think lifted up with block under the leaf springs...and i was gunna put those in adn i look under and the leaf springs is under the axle carrier.... so if i put those blocks in it would lower the truck...so how can i go about lifting up my suspension..and i dont wanna do just a body lift cuz i those are pointless

redlined94
03-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Buy a flip kit and then put the blocks on it it should lift it up then. People use flip kits to lower them usually but if yours is what is says if you get the flip it should raise it and then you can lift it more with the blocks. Thats what i think. I could be wrong but look into it.

Juggalo
03-26-2005, 11:50 PM
yes you can use the blocks in back to raise it too..thats what my friend did on his AWD astro and astros are basically the same as an S-10. just use the blocks on the back and crank up the tortion bars in the front. either that or get an over axle lift..their cheap and they raise the s-10's pretty high since their an under axle leaf from the factory

smith_400ex_213
03-27-2005, 08:36 PM
ok thanks were can i get one of those flip kits

Narly R
03-27-2005, 08:47 PM
I have a 98' S-10 and it has a-arms on the front, I was wanting to lift it, and found a few companies that have lifts for it, but I have to do a lot to it to lift it.

Juggalo
03-27-2005, 09:41 PM
narly if you want a cheap way to lift it go by the lowering blocks from auto zone and put them on the other way so it lifts it in the back. then crank up your front tortion bars like i said. you can get a good 3 inches of lift that way.

as for the axle over lift just go to google and type in "s-10 axle over lift" and see what that brings up cuz i dont know where to get them personally. i just know thats a good way to go about it with those trucks