PDA

View Full Version : help setting up arms

450 Racer R
03-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Just got my new burgard +2 arms installed. The tops arms are adjustable, how do I set them up? Also if someone could explain to me how to set my toe, that'd be great. The manual uses a toe gauge and I'm sure that almost nobody uses one of those things. thanks for any help

bradley300
03-27-2005, 07:01 AM
to do the toe, measure the tire halfway up on the front and back, you want the front about a quarter inch in compared to the rear of the tire.

QuadRacer041
03-28-2005, 04:05 AM
Get a Tape measure and a big framing square. Do your caster adjustments first. Take a big framing/rafter square; put one side on the ground and the other side up against the ball joints. You want to adjust your upper A Arms heim joints so that you have the upper ball joint 5/8” further back then the lower. In some case’s some of the tubing from the A Arm gets in the way and you won’t be able to get the square flush up against the ball joints. Just take the distance of the gap and subtract the difference to get your final reading.
To adjust your camber, take the framing square and rest one end on the ground and the other against the side of the tire. At the top of the tire measure the gap between the square and the tire, you want it to be 5/8”.
To adjust your toe, do just what bradley said to do, but do that step last.