PDA

View Full Version : My newest toy

stickman426
03-26-2005, 08:34 PM
I purchased a 04 400ex .This quad only has 10hrs on it ,but it wont idle.I'm sure the jetting is wrong as the previous owner did minamal maintenance.I was wondering if I have to rejet the Honda like I have to my WR426 when it gets cooler out,and what main and pilot should I use. I have to assume that the fuel tank has the original gas in it too.I just bought this thing yesterday so any help is greatly aprecciated.

Jimford
03-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Did you duy it from somone around you? if it is stock then you shouldn't have to change anything!! I live in Bufallo NY and I have a W!B E-series exhaust. I rejetted once and it doesn't change in the winter of=r summer. Thats -10 to 90 degrees The idle screw is under the seat!!

400exrider707
03-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Well to run at peak performance yes you should jet it. Not rejetting for the winter makes it run lean and its better to be a tad rich than lean. Leaness can cause overheating and eventual engine failure.

400exc
03-27-2005, 05:32 AM
How slow will it idle, because there is a idle knob you can turn to turn the idle up. It is by the carburator, there is a knob that you can turn with a flat screwdriver, turn it right to make the idle go up, or if you want to turn it down, then turn it left. It makes you get less gas milage, but it works, it dont give u alot of less gas milage, but a little. It is a simple procedure for you to try, without spending money, try it first, but if it dont work, then take it to your Honda dealer that is closest to you.