PDA

View Full Version : Wjere are jets at?????????????????????????????????

flaneledholes
05-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Well I just got my jets in today from dk and was wondering how to change the jets. Could I just take off the float and go about it? Im just wondering how to get to them. Oh and do you think a jet pacage ranging from 120 to 130 will be ok for a cobra and uni??? Thanx for any help I have ridden it for about 1 to 1and a half months without the jets being changed.Its a 93 model too if that will help cuz I know the carhb is smaller on the 93 and 94 models..:square

PDunes300ex
05-10-2002, 10:08 PM
Why in God's name is there a Cobra exhaust on your quad?

05-11-2002, 06:29 AM
Ok to change jets thius is what ya gotta do:

1.) Take off the seat

2.) Un screw the black side panels

3.) Un screw all the bolts that hold the Carburator in place.

4.) Lift up on gas tank

5.) Pull up carburator so you can see the bottom.(be carful cause teh throtle is still attached)

6.) Open the main screws on the bottom of teh Carb.

7.) Look inside and there are 2 jets and a plastic peice.

8.) Take out plasctic peice and remove jets and put new jets in.

9.) Follow steps backwards.

10.) You might have to take the air box out so you have more room.(I had to)

05-11-2002, 06:31 AM
O crap sorry about all that. I thought you had a 400Ex. It didn't say anything but then i looked at your name after.
Sorry well most of that stuff will still work so good luck.

I would return that Cobra and save your money for a real pipe.

You will gain sound but no power

flaneledholes
05-11-2002, 10:07 AM
I know what you mean by the noise level on my cobra. But hey for the price and I have no neighbors to p-o and I am in the 8th grade which means no money its not too bad. Although I am considering going back to stock and selling the cobra.Do you think a used fmf megamax is better than my cobra cuz I can trade and gice $40 to boot and get it. Sound good????

flaneledholes
05-11-2002, 11:32 AM
I just went to change the jets and stripped out 3 of 4 screws om the bottom of the carb.ouch! Mom and Pops are gonna flip. Any help pleeeeeaaaaaasssse!!!!!!!!:( :eek: :confused:

zzbudzz
05-11-2002, 10:57 PM
honda sure did put cheap a** screws on the carb's! i stripped out the screw that holds the idle adjuster? cheap screws !

OutlawEX
05-12-2002, 12:02 AM
instead of jetting get a 400ex

Regulator 250X
05-12-2002, 12:35 PM
I know how you feel, i stripped pretty much all the screws out of the bottom of my carb when i was trying to mess with the pilot jet. Just take some vice grips, needle nose preferably and take them out, or if you cant get them you are going to have to drill them out, i know it sounds ****ty but i just drilled the head enough to make the vice grips work and i then i went to my local hardware store and bought some regular bolts with the same threads. worked great!