PDA

View Full Version : mudd free

thunderisland
03-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Hello have some questions.We are racing in the GNCC race at Morganton,NC next weekend and was wondering about keeping the mudd off the fenders.I have heard that spraying a cooking spray on the fenders might help any idea's or suggestions woulkd be appreciated.Thanks in advance

47501exracer
03-26-2005, 12:21 PM
I have heard of people using PAM or WD-40. I tried PAM once but didn't notice much of a difference so I quit. Just go WFO in the water to wash it off!

Lil - Braff
03-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Try spraying WD40 on your fenders (top and bottom) and tires just NOT on the seat or grips. Armoral works good too. We always use one of the two and it helps some.

We'll hopefully be at NC too so hope to see ya there. What class will you be racing?

markk
03-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Its kinda like wd-40 Its called PB blaster it seems to work better than wd-40. I also use baby oil and it make the plastic shine, and it seems to work really good for heavy mud, here is a pic of my quad at The Ironman last year, It has alot of mud, But it didnt build up anything like my helmet it.

Ill be at a GNCC soon! 4 stB

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/markknox/10thandhappy.jpg

In this pic had baby oil on my fenders, and PB-Blaster on my frame!

thunderisland
03-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the tips my son is running in the 90cc production class first race of the day Saturday morning hope he does well he is looking for a top ten anything better would be awesome.

quad_45
03-26-2005, 05:21 PM
If you have the time, waxing your plastics aslo works! Also, MUDD OFF, kinda like a WD-40 but its made for mudd! Alot of dirt-track race cars use it!

SwainRacing
03-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I have tried the PAM or cooking spar and it didnt work! I did see a guy at one race that had very little mud on his quad and asked him what he used. It was hard to get out of him, soI may get shot for posting it on here! 50% baby oil and 50% water. He said dont spray it on any decals that you want to stay on. It DID work! Spray it on the day before and again the morning of the race!

pikey21
03-27-2005, 07:56 AM
y would u want to keep mud off its more fun to look back at race pic and say gee i wonder what color my bike was :devil: