PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Hot start on a YZ hybrid

YZ400EX
03-26-2005, 12:36 AM
I have a 99 YZ 400 motor in my 400ex frame and I cannot figure out what to do with this hot start valve..I guess it bolts to the frame on the bike, but never saw it on there so I have no idea where it goes..I know the tube from the front of the intake in front of the carb goes to the Hot start valve and the tube from the valve goes to the intake boot from the air box, but where would I but the valve itself?? I know a few people on here have done these conversions and what to see what you guy have done?? PLEASE let me know asap!! Thanks

dork
03-26-2005, 07:51 AM
if you have the original valve, then you could mount it on a bracket somewhere. they were mounted by the carb on the bike. as far as hooking up the hose that went to the airboot, you could run that anywhere as long as it has a filter on the end of it.
terrycable makes a hotstart relocator kit for these bikes that uses their own valve mounted on the clutch perch, i have one on mine works good.

YZ400EX
03-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Where did the original mount by the carb?? was it on the frame of the bike or on the car itself?? How much was the assembly you have??

ss440ex
03-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Not real familiar with that set up (carburator) but
This may help.
Try
www.yamahaoftroy.com
They have a I.P.C. catalog.

dork
03-26-2005, 12:09 PM
it mounted on the frame, just underneath the carb. it was set up for quick access. the terrycable kit lists for around $80 or so, but you can find them cheaper on ebay.