PDA

View Full Version : can't get chain tensioner to move!!

NCexRider
03-25-2005, 09:11 PM
i'm trying to tighten the chain on a recently purchased 99 300ex. i have loosened the hex head screws but i can't get the thing(tensioner) inside the sprocket to move using conventional methods (wedging a tool from the sprocket to it) and i even hit it with a mallet, it doesn't want to break loose. any suggestions are most appreciated!!!

Out_Sider
03-25-2005, 09:31 PM
im guessing you also removed that other bolt on the bottom of the swing arm too? if u havent, remove that beast and if it stil dont budge, then you can take the bolts completly out and with a long flat head screw driver, put it inbetween the areas where the bolts go (where its open) and pry that beast open, then it should go

2muchquad
03-25-2005, 10:11 PM
git r done..:D try a heavier hammer,put that mallet away:)

stonerider250x
03-25-2005, 10:27 PM
u should also check and make sure it isnt all the way back...wackin at it with a hammer aint a good idea if it dont move with the sprocket trick theres sutnmthin wrong and hitten it with a hammer may just make it worse

bids400ex
03-26-2005, 09:25 AM
try loosening the skidplate bolts too, on my 400ex i bought an aftermarket skidplate and the bolts were too long and went into the carrier not allowing it to move when I wanted to adjust it.
Ryan