PDA

View Full Version : riding radios

Foxyangel0425
03-25-2005, 08:15 PM
does anyone use 2 way radios when they ride. something with hands free operation that fits under your helmet.

YFZ450Ridr
03-25-2005, 08:24 PM
me and my dad have a set. there is an ear piece that goes in the ear hole in your helmet and a mic attachted to that. you stick an intenna on your helmet with a velcrow thing and there is a little box about the size of a remote and a thumb button you push to talk. they work good but we dont really use them any more because we always ride together.

Foxyangel0425
03-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
me and my dad have a set. there is an ear piece that goes in the ear hole in your helmet and a mic attachted to that. you stick an intenna on your helmet with a velcrow thing and there is a little box about the size of a remote and a thumb button you push to talk. they work good but we dont really use them any more because we always ride together.

can u tell me where you get them or the name of them? We really need them when we head out to Rumble on the Ridge there are 100's upon 100's of riders and me being a not very fast rider he needs to warn me when people are trying to pass me etc.

Foxyangel0425
03-28-2005, 02:37 PM
b

YFZ450Ridr
03-28-2005, 04:11 PM
i am pretty sure we got ours at Radio Shack, if not there im sure walmart might have one, or any of the major super stores. good luck and i hope i helped

trick450r
03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
if you want a really high quality set buy it from nady systems...ours have an ear piece on each side of the helment and a smal microphone in the front of the helmet...this is conected to a radio in your pocket and its voice activated (no buttons, just talk) thwe paid somewhere around $450