PDA

View Full Version : 300ex?- restore stock, or sell as is?

r-exrider0003
03-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I have a 2000 300ex that has a DG full exhaust, renthal bars, k&n,razrs all around, & a ceet seat cover, and i was wondering if i would be better off selling it as is( which you can tell that it has been used and not really babied around) or should i put all the stock stuff back on and fix all the small problems and blemises? just wondering which way would sell for more and quicker, or posibly trade in on a used 400ex??just asking for some opinons

thanks

bulkdriverlp
03-25-2005, 11:02 PM
maybe a nice mod will move this for ya to the 350cc and under sport quad section.

Honda4trax250x
03-25-2005, 11:12 PM
I'd sell it as is. Honestly, theres really not that much stuff you are gunna get money for.....

No one really wants a dg pipe, no offence, air filters are cheap enough to just buy new, seat cover isnt gunna get you much

pretty much the only thing you would get some money for is the tires, not really worh it IMO

sell it as is

Butters
03-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
maybe a nice mod will move this for ya to the 350cc and under sport quad section.

well if you are going to get a 400ex then you could use the tires off of your 300. i would put it back to stock and try and sell it and then when you go to sell it when they try to talk it down be like well i'll throw in a dg pipe.....that way you won't lose any money and they will think they got a good deal.

ReconRider25
03-26-2005, 07:06 AM
when we traded in the recon for the 400 the dealer wanted the racks and muffler back so they could put it back to stock. i made them give me my parts back though since they were takin them off.:p some people like the aftermarket, others think its there cuz it replaced something that broke from a wreck or that it makes them think you rode it hard.:confused:

Cody_300ex
03-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
I'd sell it as is. Honestly, theres really not that much stuff you are gunna get money for.....

No one really wants a dg pipe, no offence, air filters are cheap enough to just buy new, seat cover isnt gunna get you much

pretty much the only thing you would get some money for is the tires, not really worh it IMO

sell it as is

Or Keep it till winter and part it ALL out.

jab300ex
03-26-2005, 01:01 PM
I would sell it as is. I don't think you will get any more out of it if you change it back to stock. If you still have the stock parts sell them with the quad or on ebay. I sold some of my stock parts on ebay and got quite a bit of money for them.:)

Jeff

bulkdriverlp
03-26-2005, 04:28 PM
sell as is

jdb8297
03-27-2005, 05:26 PM
how much you want for it do you have pics