PDA

View Full Version : white brothers pro meg complete system

rsimmons_82
03-25-2005, 07:01 PM
im about to buy a new exhaust and a filter for my 400ex. ive done some reseach and have almost decided on buying the white brothers pro meg complete system. ive found the system for 415.99 from www.rockymountainatv.com . has anyone found this system cheaper elsewhere?

before i fork out the dough on this, i was wondering if anyone has had any problem with this pipe and silencer combo. i was also wondering what kind of h.p. gains people have got from this. the ad for it says 4-7 h.p which sounds kinda hard to believe ( do they get these results from a stock bike?).

anyways if anyone has tried this out, try to answer these questions for me

muddy400EX
03-25-2005, 07:26 PM
on my first 400ex i had the e-series and i thought it was the chit, but on the 400 i have now i decided to try a different pipe and went with an HMF. and i believe that it is a much better pipe. it looks better, sounds better, and feels like it has more power. i dont know what it is about the e-series but it draws beginners to it for some reason. my opinion is to go with a different pipe. HMF,yosh,sparks,LRD,DR.D,pro circuit. there is just many better pipes than the e-series IMO

crazyatvn
03-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I have the WB pro-meg system and I think it is a good pipe. It made noticable power increase and the sound level is not that bad. I have heard alot of pipes on a 400ex and the E-Series pro meg has a lower sound than most.
The only problem I had with it was the rivets broke on it. But it is like 3 years old.

rsimmons_82
03-25-2005, 08:48 PM
does this system include a new headpipe?

crazyatvn
03-25-2005, 09:07 PM
The WB Pro meg is a full system head pipe and all. The pro meg silencer is shaped differant than a slip on. I Like mine.

akraptor
03-25-2005, 09:11 PM
i have a friend with an 04' 400ex with full system yoshi. and it sounds nice. kinda expensive. but the best kinds always are.

crazyatvn
03-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Everyone has an opinion on pipes, But not always the right one. Also you could look for a pipe shoot out but sometimes I wonder if the magazines get payed off sometimes. You will be happy with the pipe. Also the Pro-meg system had a pretty big head pipe diamater.