PDA

View Full Version : elka shocks with stock a-arms

Razorback
05-10-2002, 12:53 PM
alright, i have a question. i have ordered elka shocks and houser a-arms. my shocks arrived today, but the a-arms won't be here for another couple of weeks or so. i really, really want to try these out this weekend, but i don't know if they will fit on my stock a-arms. does anyone know? the reason i ask is because they are 16 1/2 inches (not the long travel) versus the stock shocks of 16 inches. since they are a different length, i assume they will fit, just the a-arms will set a little different. does anyone know???

thanks...

05-10-2002, 01:10 PM
What size a-arms did ya get,,+1, +2, +3 etc.????

Razorback
05-10-2002, 01:12 PM
sorry, they are +2 a-arms. i only want to ride on the stock a-arms until the new ones come in. i'm sure the shocks are setup for the +2 a-arms, but i really want to try this new suspension out. if it's a bad idea, i guess i'll just have to wait :(

05-10-2002, 01:27 PM
YOu can mount them up and ride it's just not gonna be as plush as it will with the +2 arms,,,you could maybe soften everything up on them to compensate somewhat.

Pepto_Bismol
05-10-2002, 01:57 PM
THe Elka shocks come with the compression adjustment dail all the way to the soft side, so if you feel it's harsh, you have no option to soften the ride. You won't get the real feel for them until you mount them on your new A-arms.
Pepto gl :cool:

Razorback
05-10-2002, 02:15 PM
thanks guys. i'm going to go ahead and try 'em out on my stock arms until my new ones come in. hopefully it won't be too long. at least i'll get some idea of how much better these shocks are versus stock.

Dave400ex
05-10-2002, 02:35 PM
Like they said the Shocks might be a little Hard if they are Setup for +2 A-Arms, but you can still Ride them with Stock A-Arms you just won`t really know how they Work until he get the Houser`s. I have noticed that Houser Stuff is starting to take a while to get.

Foxrage
05-10-2002, 05:20 PM
Really i think everything is in high demand cause atving is getting known of so well. And just think how much these companies are making and you have low prices your gonna make the most profit cause everything is in such high demand.

Dave400ex
05-10-2002, 07:24 PM
I think that`s why Elka is doing Good. They have Cheaper Prices, Great Hardware, and a Fast Turn Around. Houser is the Same.

Foxrage
05-10-2002, 07:29 PM
The longer it takes equals less people=less profit or more workers= Faster time= about the smae profit so its your desion which ever way you wanna go but more workers equal a bunch junk.

05-10-2002, 09:12 PM
I dont know about the fast turn around i order mine about a month ago and have not got them. I order the long travel quad rate fully adjustable and houser longtravel +3 arms. I hope there get here with in the next couple of weeks.