PDA

View Full Version : Time to Upgrade

jman71890
03-25-2005, 11:47 AM
so ive been thinking, ive been running my quad for 5 years on the stock front end. So ive been looking around at buying a front end. Now i ride mostly woods and once in awhile sum mx and pit riding. I was looking at burgard +2+1 a arms, but with the longer a arms do i need longer brake lines? Im also trying to make a decision on shocks but i really dont no wut i want! plus im confused on wut length shock to get, do i get the stock length or a different length because of the +2+1 a arms or that doesnt change the mounting position? But i hav looked at elka and liked them. thanks guys

Scro
03-25-2005, 12:51 PM
if you ride mostly woods w/ a little mx...i would recommend getting +1 arms with 4-1 offset rims...then get a set of stock offset rims for when you go to the track. Also, you can either get standard or long travel a-arms. the standards will use the stock length shocks, and the long travel will use longer shocks

jman71890
03-25-2005, 02:25 PM
thanks, that cleared things up for me, now for the offset rims when u say +4 thats means there four more inches out then stock right?

also whats a good website to order this stuff off of
thanks

Scro
03-25-2005, 02:33 PM
4-1 means that there is 4 inches on the inside of rim and 1 out...on a 3-2 rim, which is farely close to stock, there is 3 inches to the inside and 2 out...which will in turn make the front end wider

jman71890
03-25-2005, 03:02 PM
oh i see. so 4-1 would make the wheels closer in making the front end smaller.. ic, now i was looking at rims and i didnt see any option for this.. plus im having a hard time finding a online retailer that sels everything

Scro
03-25-2005, 03:09 PM
you could prolly check ebay...and find just about anything that you could want

Florida400EX
03-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by jman71890
oh i see. so 4-1 would make the wheels closer in making the front end smaller.. ic, now i was looking at rims and i didnt see any option for this.. plus im having a hard time finding a online retailer that sels everything

Give Rudy at DFR a call, his website isn't to great but if you call he will get you some awsome prices on whatever you want. www.dirtfiendracing.com