PDA

View Full Version : found out something cool about the pulsecharger

jeepnrocks
03-25-2005, 09:42 AM
My friend and i were in a harescramble sunday and he got rearended pretty good. (We both run Pulsecharger exhausts.) Someone stalled in going into the woods and there was NO place to pass He was waiting patiently and another rider just got right on him and was cranking the throttle the whole time, literally pushing ,my buddies quad up a small hill into the other stalled quad. Because we were facing uphill, some part of his bike was bashing on the exhaust.
This is where the clamp is nice. Had he had a solid mounting bracket who know's what would have happened, it most likely would have bent or snapped off. Once its bent its going to need replaced anyhow because the metal would be stressed.
This means taking your exhaust off and sending it back to the manufacturer to have it repaired. Who knows what kind of turnaround you will get or if this servie is even offered.
Now with the clamp system, your exhaust is 'supported' by the mounting system, not welded to the mounting system. This is what saved my buddies day. The guy pushed on the exhaust enough to deform the clamp a good bit, BUT he did not break anything. Once the race was over we ordered a new clamp and 3 days letter the system is as good as new.

note - Please dont take any of this as the clamp is weak. these were racing conditions and my friend was getting pushed up a hill by a 400 pound vehicle. I posted this to let people know what can happen and how the clamp system can save some serious downtime and possibly having to replace a whole exhaust. I know we all look at power and sound when thinking about exhausts and that is great but small things like what i stated above are very important also.

chad502ex
03-25-2005, 10:17 AM
personally, i would much rather have a welded bracket that would be stronger than a strap and does not flex the whole exhaust system to the head bolts when leaned on.

In other words, hearing your story on the entire exhaust being flexed when forced had to put a HUGE strain on the exhaust head bolts and entire top end of the motor.

Good to hear everything worked out tho!

Smoker
03-25-2005, 10:21 AM
I would have grabbed a mud ball off the fender and threw in that guys face for pushing him and messing up the exhaust. I like the clamp on my Trinity. Sure, it flexes a little more but at least when it does bust you can just replace it. :p

03-25-2005, 10:26 AM
i think the guy who was smacking into the rear end of your buddy's quad should get his ash kicked!!! nothing p*sses me off more, than all these clowns who "claim" to be racers. This kind of crap happens way too often at GNCC's. It's not a demolition derby!!!

I understand that bumping and racing go hand-in-hand. But, what i'm talking about is the blatant stuff like he's describing.

I can remember a GNCC race that my brother and I ran (I believe it was Mt. Morris). I had caught up to my brother, who was stuck with a grapevine wrapped around his axle. The woody section of track was tight, and there was only one line through it. Well, there was my brother (stuck), another racer, and me. I sat on my quad, as my brother quickly pulled his quad off the grapevine. The guy in front of me proceeded to ram into my brother's quad. Thus, knocking him back up into the grapevine. This guy did this several times. I jumped off my quad and helped my brother move his bike to the side. The "hyper" guy then rammed his way up past my brother's quad. Needless to say, we both wanted to beat him down. My brother managed to get a punch in (on the arm) as he went by. But, i'm sure it didn't hurt the guy, he was so drained from pulling his bike off the grapevine 5-6 times.

Anyways, when I go to a GNCC, I go to race. I don't go to get my bike bashed up by idiots who don't know how to ride. GNCC is my passion. But, lately, I've been having a hard time deciding whether or not to race. I don't have the income that I used to have. And, I hate to take my bike (which i've had to scrape and claw for money to buy every little part) to a GNCC and have it scrapped due to other riders.

I consider myself a very good "woods" rider. I have been doing it for 15 years. I know how to ride my quad without tearing it up. It's a shame that others don't have a little more consideration.

330R PowerValve
03-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by force
i think the guy who was smacking into the rear end of your buddy's quad should get his ash kicked!!! nothing p*sses me off more, than all these clowns who "claim" to be racers. This kind of crap happens way too often at GNCC's. It's not a demolition derby!!!

I understand that bumping and racing go hand-in-hand. But, what i'm talking about is the blatant stuff like he's describing.

I can remember a GNCC race that my brother and I ran (I believe it was Mt. Morris). I had caught up to my brother, who was stuck with a grapevine wrapped around his axle. The woody section of track was tight, and there was only one line through it. Well, there was my brother (stuck), another racer, and me. I sat on my quad, as my brother quickly pulled his quad off the grapevine. The guy in front of me proceeded to ram into my brother's quad. Thus, knocking him back up into the grapevine. This guy did this several times. I jumped off my quad and helped my brother move his bike to the side. The "hyper" guy then rammed his way up past my brother's quad. Needless to say, we both wanted to beat him down. My brother managed to get a punch in (on the arm) as he went by. But, i'm sure it didn't hurt the guy, he was so drained from pulling his bike off the grapevine 5-6 times.

Anyways, when I go to a GNCC, I go to race. I don't go to get my bike bashed up by idiots who don't know how to ride. GNCC is my passion. But, lately, I've been having a hard time deciding whether or not to race. I don't have the income that I used to have. And, I hate to take my bike (which i've had to scrape and claw for money to buy every little part) to a GNCC and have it scrapped due to other riders.

I consider myself a very good "woods" rider. I have been doing it for 15 years. I know how to ride my quad without tearing it up. It's a shame that others don't have a little more consideration.

Right on... its a race... its for fun. Anyone who does that s@!t need their ***** handed to them.

devil6
03-25-2005, 02:49 PM
I would think the strap used would be stronger than any bracket you could weld to the can. The strap is stainless if i remember right. I'm sure that would take more to break than a aluminum bracket. I think i would have beat that guy for doin that to me. Wait, I would have beat him for doin that. Some people just don't get the courtesy thing. I wonder how he would like to have his bike pushed out of the way.:mad:

BOONE450R
03-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
personally, i would much rather have a welded bracket that would be stronger than a strap and does not flex the whole exhaust system to the head bolts when leaned on.

In other words, hearing your story on the entire exhaust being flexed when forced had to put a HUGE strain on the exhaust head bolts and entire top end of the motor.

Good to hear everything worked out tho!

HUGE strain on the Exhaust bolts no.................crushing the exhaust gasket a little more maybe.

Strap all the way for me, for welded brackets NEVER hold up!

Yep Jeep i think that guy needs to be beat down.:mad:

muddy400EX
03-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by force

damn, that guy deserves a beating!:grr: i remember watchin an old GNCC tape and seein bill ballance ram into another stuck rider and pushin him up a hill:eek:

jeepnrocks
03-25-2005, 04:21 PM
The front bracket is welded on the system, the back being a clamp is definitely stronger than a welded tab yet it allows for some movement. This isn't second hand info. I was right there as it happened. Had he had a welded tab, I can assure you that it would have broken or been severly damaged. and had the tab broken stress on the head bolts wouldnt have mattered much as the whole system would have been ripped off anyhow.
Sorry for even posting this... my bad

kazpr
03-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Nice jeeps. I so wish I would have bought that pipe. It was not ready yet though.

TrX450rKiD
03-25-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
The front bracket is welded on the system, the back being a clamp is definitely stronger than a welded tab yet it allows for some movement. This isn't second hand info. I was right there as it happened. Had he had a welded tab, I can assure you that it would have broken or been severly damaged. and had the tab broken stress on the head bolts wouldnt have mattered much as the whole system would have been ripped off anyhow.
Sorry for even posting this... my bad
Its not you Jeep .. he doesn't like it when something positive is posted about a certain pipe ...

-The Kid-

White7
03-25-2005, 04:32 PM
personally, i would much rather have a welded bracket that would be stronger than a strap

Man never woulda thought chad would have something negative to say about a PC

Dont get me wrong man i JUST finished reading the other what pipe is better 10 page post,, Im just funnin':devil::D

bigR
03-25-2005, 05:38 PM
all i hear from you is talk about the pulsecharger. you rave so much about it. my friend has a pulse charger on his R and it is a good exhaust don't get me wrong. but you talk like its the best thing since sliced bread. me and my bud can line up and drag race 10,20 or how ever many times he wants and i can pull him 10-12 bike lengths in a 300 yard drag race. we both have the same things done to our quads hrc kit, rage ATV racing piston. the only thing different in our quads is the pipes the has a pulsecharger and i have a ROSSIER pipe. so all this bull about the pulse charger is just that Bull S. SO WHEN THE GATE DROPS THE BULL SH*T STOPS. PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

Got nads?
03-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by bigR
all i hear from you is talk about the pulsecharger. you rave so much about it. my friend has a pulse charger on his R and it is a good exhaust don't get me wrong. but you talk like its the best thing since sliced bread. me and my bud can line up and drag race 10,20 or how ever many times he wants and i can pull him 10-12 bike lengths in a 300 yard drag race. we both have the same things done to our quads hrc kit, rage ATV racing piston. the only thing different in our quads is the pipes the has a pulsecharger and i have a ROSSIER pipe. so all this bull about the pulse charger is just that Bull S. SO WHEN THE GATE DROPS THE BULL SH*T STOPS. PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

LOL

jeepnrocks
03-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Oh Brother
Someone is a little sensitive. I was just giving my impression of how it worked in a race situation. I said nothing about power. If you don't like it don't read it. If you haven't noticed about 50 percent of the entire 450r forum is about exhaust. If that gives you some emotional distress then maybe you should put you thumb in your mouth and head on over to drphil.com for some counseling.
Sorry if that came out wrong. I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter :)

chad502ex
03-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by bigR

If there was a "Best Thread Response of the Year" award- this post would win blue ribbon!!

timing is everything.. heh

trx450Rrider
03-25-2005, 07:22 PM
BIGR you could never get a 10 to 12 length ahead of anyone. Also if you saw the dynos the pulse charger has alot more torque then the rossier and they are about the same in horsepower. you must have a big problem to post crap like that.

PS. JEEPNROCKS is the SHIZNIT

jeepnrocks
03-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Yep I agree, Anything that puts down that certain product you hate would have to win. I have never had any trouble on this site or with you chad. I just sat back and let the arguements go and stayed out of them. In one day I can see what your all about. I make a post about a thumb throttle and you make an idiot remark. I make a thread about a product that myself and my friend run and how it was great that he was able to keep going and didnt have to buy a whole new exhaust and once again you act like a jerk. It seems like you come on here only to brag your machine up. I have seen your quad and for all your motor work it doesn't impress me one bit. you say you roast pa coal and then you go and polish your cases? Im from pa and ride coal also. It would take me one ride to destroy your cutesy shiny finsh. Then you talk about ordering fuel injection and a turbo? They have this new thing out for quads now.. its called suspension. With all your motor work you should look into that sometime. You truly seem like one of those guys that covers up an inability to ride with an excess of displacement and horsepower. Its ok, Im sure you could beat me in a dyno race as it seems thats where you get all your seat time.

450ar
03-25-2005, 07:54 PM
I think chads got "little dick syndrome" He's always trying to make up for his size with his "stroke"

450ar
03-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Chad did you tell your crew that you where claiming a 550r? Umm lots claiming of the impossible, but then what happend, you found out it wasnt possible and then you became very quiet.

450ar
03-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Arent we the little hypocrit .... arnt we ?

chad502ex
03-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Yep I agree, Anything that puts down that certain product you hate would have to win. I have never had any trouble on this site or with you chad. I just sat back and let the arguements go and stayed out of them. In one day I can see what your all about. I make a post about a thumb throttle and you make an idiot remark. I make a thread about a product that myself and my friend run and how it was great that he was able to keep going and didnt have to buy a whole new exhaust and once again you act like a jerk. It seems like you come on here only to brag your machine up. I have seen your quad and for all your motor work it doesn't impress me one bit. you say you roast pa coal and then you go and polish your cases? Im from pa and ride coal also. It would take me one ride to destroy your cutesy shiny finsh. Then you talk about ordering fuel injection and a turbo? They have this new thing out for quads now.. its called suspension. With all your motor work you should look into that sometime. You truly seem like one of those guys that covers up an inability to ride with an excess of displacement and horsepower. Its ok, Im sure you could beat me in a dyno race as it seems thats where you get all your seat time.

sorry to upset you. i meant nothing by to you directly- jeep.

Now, if you ever think you could take me on the trails or any climb bring it on or just meet me in PA one weekend. I venture up there every month so pick your weekend and see if your can hang. We ride almost 100 miles a day up there in Frackville PA with the Speedballs and Ratpack so i know it would be no trouble with you. As far as ridn' ability- i've been ridn since i was 10 years old on my fathers Yami enduro 500; now i'm 35.

Actually, I would love the chance to finally meet you and get the chance to smooth things over between us before things get crazy. My comment was not meant to you- i just thought Big's comment was funny as shiznit so i had to comment! :D

The truth is if the PC was so good then why is it that the 450r with the PC installed got hit and pushed from behind? I bet it was because its just average and doesn't get the holeshot to stay up front and every other racer begins to pass it up. If a RE was installed you wouldn't have to worry about getting pushed.

as far as my finish- yes i knew one ride would ruin the finish of the clutch cover and it did- sooo what it was for pictures. if i ever want or need to refinish, the billet its easier to polish than the stock olive green cover.

suspension- the stock suspension on the 450r is superior than the triple rate piggy works suspension on the 502- so no worries there,...

the fuel injection and turbo is not my bag- that is my friends twin 530R that he drags and he'll be push'n over 100 rwhp. doubt you could understand that power!

450ar
03-25-2005, 08:06 PM
gsxr1000 So your right i woulnd be able to get use to the lack of accelleration

chad502ex
03-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 450ar
Chad did you tell your crew that you where claiming a 550r? Umm lots claiming of the impossible, but then what happend, you found out it wasnt possible and then you became very quiet.

you are not too smart

the 550 can easily be done by using the NMotion 101mm piston. right now i selected the 530 to maintain stock bore/stroke ratio

101 x 68.8 = 550cc FOOOOLLLL!

the only thing i need for 550 is the on-the-shelf 101mm piston.

LOL try again!

450ar
03-25-2005, 08:12 PM
nice math 101x68.8=6948.8 Weres the third demention?

chad502ex
03-25-2005, 08:13 PM
gsxr1000 So your right i woulnd be able to get use to the lack of accelleration

gsxr1300 busa boy!

chad502ex
03-25-2005, 08:15 PM
nice math 101x68.8=6948.8 Weres the third demention?

ok, now i know your a freeg'n idiot!

jeepnrocks
03-25-2005, 08:18 PM
The reason he was getting pushed from behind was because it was the first time out racing and we never even went for the holeshot. We actually held up and let people get a bit ahead so we knew what to expect. Somewhat of a smart thing for someone that has never participated in any kind of organized racing. As far as riding together, I can't see that ever happening.
Before your assanine attitude today if I had seen you out I would have probably ridden with you and tried hanging out. But your attitude has twisted me the wrong way, and once that happens I'm pretty much finished dealing with that person, so riding together would most definitely be a bad idea.

chad502ex
03-25-2005, 08:24 PM
The reason he was getting pushed from behind was because it was the first time out racing and we never even went for the holeshot. We actually held up and let people get a bit ahead so we knew what to expect. Somewhat of a smart thing for someone that has never participated in any kind of organized racing. As far as riding together, I can't see that ever happening.
Before your assanine attitude today if I had seen you out I would have probably ridden with you and tried hanging out. But your attitude has twisted me the wrong way, and once that happens I'm pretty much finished dealing with that person, so riding together would most definitely be a bad idea.

that just breaks my heart. your a touchy fella. i looked back and looked over the "thumb throttle response" i made and it was a pun- nevermind...

look i've already indicated twice that the issue that you have were not meant to trouble you. i was just having fun. if you can not understand that, then i don't know what else to tell ya.

450ar
03-25-2005, 10:48 PM
ok, now i know your a freeg'n idiot!

If you want to get technical. Do it right.
(101x101x68.8x12.87)/16386=551.23

So like i said nice math!

devil6
03-25-2005, 10:57 PM
This is mind blowing, jeep posts about what he found to be a posative thing, and it get's a negative comment. Now it's a war. Would this have happened if this was said about ANY other pipe?

Then someone claimes that his bike identical to his buddys, of course only diff being ones a pc and ones a rossier, just wastes his buddies PC equipped bike, LOLOL, I CALL BULLS**T!!! No way .75 hp is making that huge gap. Unless your 150 lbs and he's 300, thats not happening. Jetting issue maybe? Or maybe it was just a made up poke at the pc like all the ones i've been seeing latley. I have seen numerouse posts about the pulsecharger, made by people who have never even seen one in person just rippin this thing apart. Saying how it sucks, it's a waste, it weighs 50 lbs etc. Whatever, If you don't like it , don't buy it! I have never seen more negative comments over ANY other product, for anything in my life. What is it about this pipe that people love to hate? Funny how the only people who hate it either have issues with the pipe designer, or they don;t own one. I have not seen one negative post in any forum, anywhere where the owner of one didn't like it. Thsi started about a friggin pipe strap and look at it now, you can tell it's another pulsecharger thread.

chad502ex
03-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by devil6
This is mind blowing, jeep posts about what he found to be a posative thing, and it get's a negative comment. Now it's a war. Would this have happened if this was said about ANY other pipe?

Then someone claimes that his bike identical to his buddys, of course only diff being ones a pc and ones a rossier, just wastes his buddies PC equipped bike, LOLOL, I CALL BULLS**T!!! No way .75 hp is making that huge gap. Unless your 150 lbs and he's 300, thats not happening. Jetting issue maybe? Or maybe it was just a made up poke at the pc like all the ones i've been seeing latley. I have seen numerouse posts about the pulsecharger, made by people who have never even seen one in person just rippin this thing apart. Saying how it sucks, it's a waste, it weighs 50 lbs etc. Whatever, If you don't like it , don't buy it! I have never seen more negative comments over ANY other product, for anything in my life. What is it about this pipe that people love to hate? Funny how the only people who hate it either have issues with the pipe designer, or they don;t own one. I have not seen one negative post in any forum, anywhere where the owner of one didn't like it. Thsi started about a friggin pipe strap and look at it now, you can tell it's another pulsecharger thread.

:devil: 6 at first the negative comment was posted towards the strap not the product not the owner not the rider. some gets so upset when anything is looked at from another viewpoint other than theirs. Do you see me getting upset and bent when someone doesn't agree with me? let's just move on, ok?

Best part of it all is there is no sensorship here!

ATVRIDERS.com forums rulz!. That's why this site was nominated best ATV site of the year. that's why it has over 30 thousand members. that's why i wear the ATVRIDERS apparell i have with pride!! (plug)

jeepnrocks
03-26-2005, 08:58 AM
LMAO, the site rulz chad because your not allowed anywhere else HAHA

jeepnrocks
03-26-2005, 08:58 AM
see i can lighten up... wasn't that funny?

BOONE450R
03-26-2005, 09:57 AM
LMAO, the site rulz chad because your not allowed anywhere else HAHA

http://img26.exs.cx/img26/9918/11doh1il.gif

450 Racer R
03-26-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm guessing he was banned from the other site. Why?

TrX450rKiD
03-26-2005, 01:46 PM
The truth is if the PC was so good then why is it that the 450r with the PC installed got hit and pushed from behind? I bet it was because its just average and doesn't get the holeshot to stay up front and every other racer begins to pass it up. If a RE was installed you wouldn't have to worry about getting pushed.
[/B]
LMAO!! There is NO WAY you are THAT ignorant to think that is true!! It just isn't humanly possible to come to a conclusion like that unless you have a mental handicap, and if you do, then I apologize!

So if any Joe Schmoe throws on a Rossier they will win every race uncontested? LMAO! THAT IS GREAT!

-The Kid-

PS - I'm still laughing!

TrX450rKiD
03-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
I'm guessing he was banned from the other site. Why?
Doesn't get along with others .. it shows doesn't it?

-The Kid-

bigR
03-26-2005, 02:29 PM
truth hurts!

450ar
03-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Chad or should i say chuck if you read the post before you started talking **** you would have seen that their was a stalled person in front of him. Jeep never said weather that guy was in fornt place wise or because he was getting lapped or if that guy was even in the same class. He could have been A class. And gotton stalled. And beside I am not stuck to just this site. So ha ha haaaha nanar nanar naaaaanar.

TrX450rKiD
03-26-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm sick and tired of bothering with Chad's BS. You can make yourself look ignorant all you want from now on. I can bet one thing, if someone says something good about the PC .. Chad will be there to tear it down. I'm gone, just another person that is leaving due to the personality of Chad. PEACE

-The Kid-

Ramsus
04-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Liars and jack-asses......

No sir, you are not making a 12 bike length gap with the ONLY difference being pc/rossier.

Chad=jack ***

Thanks.

devil6
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Ramsus

No sir, you are not making a 12 bike length gap with the ONLY difference being pc/rossier.

Chad=jack ***

Thanks. I don't know man, that rossier did show a .75 hp gain over the pc.......... LOLOLOLOL.

punker69q
04-04-2005, 03:14 PM
If you want to get technical. Do it right.
(101x101x68.8x12.87)/16386=551.23

So like i said nice math!

hum, let me explain you something

101mm = cylinder bore
68.8mm = stroke

the shape of a cylinder is, well, a cylinder, so to calculate the volume of that cylinder we have : (diameter/2)^2*Pi*stroke

now, that gives you 551,215 cc...

so before you laugh at someone, plz make sure you actually know something........ :devil:

chad502ex
04-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Ramsus

Chad=jack ***

Thanks.

ramsus = deek-head!

Thanks.

Ramsus
04-04-2005, 09:48 PM
ramsus = deek-head!

Thanks.

Anytime.

kssandduner
04-05-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm sick and tired of bothering with Chad's BS. You can make yourself look ignorant all you want from now on. I can bet one thing, if someone says something good about the PC .. Chad will be there to tear it down. I'm gone, just another person that is leaving due to the personality of Chad. PEACE
Good Riddance you friggin crybaby!! I hope you take the rest of your crybaby friends with you. I can't believe how bent out of shape people get over the stupidest crap. GROW UP!!! If you can't take a little ribbin' don't post!

Joe

Ramsus
04-05-2005, 01:59 PM
brandonpeake
04-06-2005, 08:04 AM
this isnt my fight but to me it looks like a bunch of .org guys ganging up on chad

chad502ex
04-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
this isnt my fight but to me it looks like a bunch of .org guys ganging up on chad

thanks brandon for your insight. Maybe everyone is starting to finally see I am not interested in a daily battle. All that really matters is the output of information.

:cool:

BOONE450R
04-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by brandonpeake

I asked this before and i will ask it again. Would you please explain to me how someone is labeled to just one site??? Maybe there is some Forum rules or guidelines i should, or need to know about??

I love how all of you TRY to turn this in to something else.
(.ORG vs .COM) :rolleyes:

brandonpeake
04-06-2005, 10:36 AM
im not turning it into anything its just that everyone that had something to say just about had a link that said if you have a 450r click here or comething similiar and they all went to trx450r.org when u opened them up, and i just stated that
i have nothing in this i dont dispute the fact that the mounting system is good or bad i dont have one and have not seen one in person, i think the original post was a good account of something that saved someone some cash b/c someone was thinking ahead when they made something, i run a rossier pipe on my R and am satisfied with it and my mods but the fact is the majority of people bashing on chad502ex are members of the same site and had links to it in the signature

this is nothing to me i could case less i was just pointing out something no one else had noticed or said yet